All reviews pride park room was clean beans harvester pub city centre chiquitos free wifi complimentary breakfast the sofa bed alton towers football stadium football ground train station football match ice machine nice breakfast stayed here for one night
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Long story short: thought I was staying here, turns out work travel company had me moved to a different hotel. So impressed with the staff, particularly Dorothy who helped me sort out my deliveries. Credit to your company

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Katkity,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Derby.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the levels of customer service that you received.

Its great to hear that our team went out their way to ensure you got your deliveries sorted, I will make sure your kind words are passed on to Dorothy and the team .

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

One of the best experiences at a holiday inn we had take away pizza and the hotel supplied plates and utensils very helpful staff who supplied us with local take away leaflets would recommend to all the hotel is well situated to the city centre and the football ground if you fancy watching the rams

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear TonyL,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Derby.

Its great to hear we made your experience one of the best ! and that you found us to be in a great location for what your stay required. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future .

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Recently stayed here and very disappointed the only good thing that I can say is the helpful lady receptionist!!! The rooms were without being rude disgusting the carpets were stained, the bathroom tiles looked to be filthy and the grouting was a rusty colour on the floor and walls truly awful. The shower looked to be about 20 years newer than the rest of the bathroom, but the shower was so inadequate absolutely no get up and go the tap on the basin was 100 times faster!!! The room had a dreadful musty smell and the cups and tea spoons on the complimentary beverages tray were unclean and the outside of cups were rough as if the dishwasher had only done a quick rinse rather than a full deep clean. The bed appeared on the surface to be clean, but the mattress felt a tad lumpy? The breakfast OMG There were at least 8 tea cups that were still stained with rings round them set on trays as clean again the outside were obviously unclean again needed to have a thorough wash in th dishwasher. I ended up having orange juice as the glasses did at least look clean!! The plates were exactly the same on the outside gross. Thankfully the toast was nice, but bacon was undercooked and fatty, the sausage looked plastic, baked beans were cold and scrambled egg looked like yellow bits of styrofoam and tasted of nothing extremely bland. On a positive note the croissants appeared to be fresh. Sorry about the negatives, but I have been 100% honest with my comments

Room Tip: Sorry I can't promote this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear RS,

I am sorry to read of your unsatisfactory stay , it is very unusual for the hotel to receive comments such as yours.

All of the hotel bedrooms, were refurbished in 2016 (including new carpets) and therefore I am really disappointed that the standards of cleanliness fell short of your expectations. The housekeeping team do work very hard to maintain high standards any your feedback will be addressed with them.
Similarly, I will investigate your concerns regarding the standard of cleaning in the breakfast area as I agree that it is unacceptable for stained dishes to be on display. I would like to reassure you that we do follow very strict food hygiene procedures at all times during food service.

Thank you for your positive comments about the staff that you encountered during your short stay , I do hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Regards
General Manager.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

First visit to this hotel, warm friendly welcome. Very helpful ordered a taxi to get to county cricket ground
Room large and clean along with the great free breakfast available up to 09:30
We would stay again without doubt

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Leslie H,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Derby.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and that you were impressed with the levels of customer service that you received.

Its great to know that you would stay with us again if you visit the Derbyshire area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We thought this was a lovely hotel with a large bed in a good size bedroom including a good shower ideal for our purpose. Excellent breakfast with cereals, hot selection and croissants etc. 2 good size restaurants 2 mins walk. But Beware!!! Parking is for residents only and apparently there is a terminal in the reception to input your reg but this was not explained to us and consequently we received a £100 parking fine. The hotel are hopefully getting this stopped but it was quite a shock to find this in my post.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Moggridge,

Thank you for your 5* review of the Holiday Inn Express Derby/.

I am sorry that you were not made fully aware of the parking system that we have at the hotel, this is in place to ensure that parking spaces are readily available for our valued guests. I do apologise that this was not explained properly to you at check in , I will speak to the hotel team again to make certain that this important message is conveyed to all guests.

I am pleased that this did not have too negative an affect on your stay with us and that you have scored the hotel very highly in all areas.
It is lovely to know that you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast , which now has the addition of bacon, this is of course included in all of our rates.

I do hope that you will be back to visit us soon.