Open today: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great children’s party, great staff.

My son had his 10th birthday party here which was a big hit. Very friendly and relaxed, all the... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
Ssam187048
Derby, United Kingdom
via mobile
Fantastic party

Had a great party here with six 10/11 year old girls. Our instructor max was fabulous with them and... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
nhumphry
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews great afternoon birthday party lots of fun bouldering climbers instructor church encouragement knots session cave diving lesson rope taught venue
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Starting coming here in February on a whim looking for a hobby and way of keeping fit. Have been hooked ever since.

Being set in a church the place has a unique atmosphere and sets it apart from some of the more 'clinical' climbing centres I've seen since. Most of all the staff are great, always finding the time to provide advice and assistance, especially during quieter times when they will regularly shout up help and encouragement when your struggling.

Overall, if you're looking to get into climbing choose this place.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 24 October 2017

None of our family (inc 3 kids at 5,7 &9) have any climbing experience.
However, this had no impact whatsoever in our enjoyment of the afternoon.

We did the parent-child combo whereby the parents take responsibility for their children climbing by remaining on the ground and having responsibility for their children ascending up the walls. You're taught the simple and effective knots you need to know and how to give out the rope and let them down.

You don't need to be experienced to do this- it is simple, and the incredibly patient staff (take a bow, Gary) are constantly moving about checking everything is safe. I say patient, as I lost count how many times it took me to master the figure of 8 knots they use but he showed me again and again how to do it without any hint of frustration.

Our kids very quickly found the confidence to clamber to the very top of the climbing walls (the top ones being a good 3 storeys high) and we had the confidence in our ability to control their descent for them to be up there.

They have a bouldering section with soft mats underneath which our kids went on but the main event was definitely clambering up the high ones.

Including hire of harnesses, helmets and clips it still worked out at a very reasonable £30 and there was no time pressure at all- you have as long as you want. I heard Gary telling another parent whose offspring had had enough very quickly they were free to come back any point that day to have another go.

There's also a chance to explore their 'cave' system with head torches, but we didn't try that today.

The only thing I'd suggest is to tidy up the outside of the church a bit- it looks a bit abandoned from the outside and it gives the wrong image.

We went there as a half term rainy day experiment, but if we lived near Derby we'd be regular visitors.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017

A first time visit I was intrigued a climbing centre in a church ? Never been to a climb centre before I'm so glad I did it was fantastic experience I was taken care of from the word go nothing was to much trouble when questions were asked I felt at ease and totally safe the staff here are totally committed to give any first time climber the confidence to achieve what at first looks impossible a great day out

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We were looking for something to do indoors due to very changeable weather. Found this place and what a great find it was. Both my girls (aged 7 and 12) did "Holliday havoc". They were there for 4 hours and did climbing, abseiling, crawling through a cave and much more. Absolutely brilliant and would highly recommend it.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I found this climbing centre on his site when looking for walls for me to train at after uni, its a really friendly place, its quiet, cheap and has some very interesting routes for the more advanced climbers. the main reason I like this centre is due to the face it is very beginner friendly, 3 of my friends came with me who had never climbed before and found this place great. 2 of them are now really into the sport due to the nature of this very centre. really worth checking out

Date of experience: March 2017