1,305 results
All reviews swimming pool leisure facilities superior room evening meal coach party night break health club steam room and sauna lovely hotel three course meal alton towers bed and breakfast plenty of parking short break peak district family room restaurant staff
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great hotel - big, well laid out.
Clean, big room, great spa and gym. Food from restaurant was very good.
Great location accessing city center, A38 and M1
Great service from staff - courteous, responsive and very helpful

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Ash N, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Zahir I,

Thank you for your lovely review and it sounds like you had a great experience with us.

Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

the hotel was beautiful and did an amazing job for the brides wedding weekend.
i would go back to this hotel in the future however a few people in our party had issues with there rooms.
room 1 - had no issues and they thought the room was amazing.
room 2 - the heated towel rail didn't work
room 3 - the heated towel rail didn't work and the shower only provided cold water. they rang the manager who came up to the room and said he would be back in a few minutes and we never saw him again so they had to come next door and use our shower. THE SHOWER WAS NOT FIXED DURING OUR STAY

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Paulina H,

Thank you for your review following your recent wedding weekend at our hotel.

Overall, we are delighted to hear that you had such a lovely time and please be assured that I will investigate the issues raised with our maintenance team. Glad to hear that the wedding team did a great job in running the wedding as we had some further great feedback afterwards.

Please keep in mind for your next visit to Derby and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We needed a last minute getaway and we found a great offer for this hotel. We through together an overnight bag and set off. When we arrived we were surprised, the hotel looks lovely, glamourous compared to budget hotels elsewhere for similar price range! All the staff were kind and helpful, often going out of their way to ask if we needed anything.
The breakfast was great; a lovely selection and nicely cooked too. Fresh coffee and decent croissants! Alongside a full English selection. The facicilities are great, a lovely swimming pool with lovely windows for the morning sun to pour into making you feel you’re abroad on holiday.
This was the prefect place when we just needed to escape for a night. It’s also a short drive from the Peak District so we took a trip into the countryside before returning home as well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear JohnnySoph,

Thank you for your great 5-star review.

Glad to hear that you got a great last minute deal and decided to get away. Even more delighted to hear that we didn't disappoint and exceeded your expectations. We do have many more amazing deals throughout the year on our Hallmark website so do keep an eye out.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

To sum up, I found some of the staff very rude and very unprofessional. For a '4 star hotel and spa' (which by the way the spa is not part of Hallmark and the lady who does treatments was away for months on maternity) I wouldn't even give the hotel a 3 star. I went on this two night stay because my grandma had passed away and I wanted a break from it all. I felt judged by the staff members because me and my partner are younger, I felt like I wasn't taken seriously and sometimes not acknowledged. I didn't find the rooms very clean on arrival. It's not worth the amount we paid. We even got asked to pay a charge at the end of our stay which we settled the night before. From no communication between staff members to loud music late at night from a party downstairs, it was a total disaster and couldn't wait to come home. Will never be coming back and was a waste of money.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sophia C

Dear Sophia C,

Thank you for your honest review following your recent experience with us.

I was very sorry disappointed to hear your feedback, however please be assured that we treat all guests with the same high level of service that we are known for. I can confirm that the health club and spa are all part of our hotel, with the exception of the treatment company Beau Chic. Although they are a separate business, they are still an important business partner of our's, so I'll ensure that I discuss your comments with them directly and ensure they are actioned appropriately. We are sorry to hear that you won't be returning, however with time, if you do change you mind, I am certain that you will not encounter the same issues.

We do hope that we are able to restore your faith and look forward to hopefully welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was the Wedding Photographer for Sharron and Louise on Saturday 31st March and I have to say a special thanks to the wedding events manager ( ithink her name was Sarah) who went above and beyond her call of duty with organising the guest for the photo's to be taken excellent work,

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear onestoptogs,

Thank you for your amazing 5-star review.
It's great to hear that Sarah's proactive approach and attention to detail, allowed you to take the best possible shots in the day. I look forward to sharing your comments with her directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.