2,230 results
All reviews car park chapel street one way system city centre limited parking ring road multi storey bars and restaurants lovely hotel business trip clean hotel download festival would stay again buffet style saturday night double bed alton towers
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Bar staff are ace ,Eddie rocks! Stayed after a conference. Plenty of drink choice. Room was really comfortable. Vince was super helpfull on nights. Ideal location. Overall great reat stay and will come again...

Trip type: Travelled on business
Deputy_DerbyJI, Manager at Jurys Inn Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing your review and sharing your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto Eddie and Vince who are a credit to the team.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Had a weekend in Derby for my last hurrah as a single man.
We spent the day gorge walking in the peak district before travelling back into Derby. We found the hotel with relative ease and was pleased by the look of the place.

Unfortunately things didn't get off to a great start as their car park situated under the hotel was broken (How does one 'break' a car park? In any case, we had two large vans and were advised by the hotel staff that were a number of nearby car parks that could be used. This was somewhat troublesome as there was a ticket happy meter maid patrolling nearby so most of the group had to carry their belongings. The staff didn't seem particularly bothered that they had caused this level of disruption either. Added to this was the car park we used was free until 6am the following morning. However, at 6:01 it would need paying for. But you couldn't pay up front. Meaning one of the group had to get up at 6am (!?) after a stag night out to put a ticket on the car to save it getting fined.

That put us in a fairly bad mood to start with. But. The staff were otherwise polite and friendly. The rooms were exactly what you would expect, nothing extravagant but clean and tidy with comfy beds. The bar and drinks area in the lobby was very nice and set the tone well for the night ahead.

In conclusion, a very good hotel and i would definitely stay here again, but just this particular trip marred by the parking issues, which in the hotel's defence, couldn't really have been helped. They could, however, have made the situation better.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan L

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing your review and sharing your experience. Please accept my apologies that you could not park in our carpark. Due to limited spaces we recommend all guests parking at Chapel Street NCP which is opposite us.

I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Clean building and room. Eddie was great behind the bar. Filling breakfast at early hours for the day ahead. Plenty of choice on the dinner menu. Good facilities in every room - large shower, large bed, tv.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank danielwilliams3

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing your review and sharing your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the rest of the team, especially Eddie who you have mentioned.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Stayed here for this years Download festival. Great location with discounted parking at the centres main car park, friendly staff and good breakfast to start the day. This hotel know how to cater when fully booked and even though it cost a bit more during peak dates at least they invest in enough staff to keep the place running well

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing your review and sharing your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the rest of the team.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Booked 2 Executive Rooms with King Bed weeks before arriving
When arrived I was told they had overbooked and now we had 2 Standard Double rooms.
Very disappointed.
They reduced the cost but the cost was not the issue. I wanted what I booked.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing your review and sharing your experience. Please accept my apologies that we you did not get your first choice in room type, please be rest assured this is not a common occurrence.

I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again.