“No frills experience, confusing carpark”
Review of Jurys Inn Derby

Jurys Inn Derby
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip visiting other locations in Derbyshire, Nottingham and London. I would say this was a very basic, standard hotel. The breakfast was decent -- yogurt, fruits, and pre-cooked sausages, eggs etc. in buffet style -- but it's nothing to write home about. What made the biggest impression was a confusing 5 minutes when we wandered in the underground carpark wondering how to get to the ground level lobby. I hope signage has improved now.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Derby

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and always found it to be great -clean, modern and the staff are really accommodating.
Two months ago, however, I stayed here whilst in Derby, as usual, and had a bad experience. There were a number of incidents which made the stay unenoyable. However, in retrospect, these matters were both unusual for the hotel, and out of the hands off staff (there was a rowdy group staying that weekend). I complained when I got home, as I was so annoyed by the experience. I wouldn't normally do so but I was so exhausted after being kept awake throughout my stay.
The Assistant Manager contacted me immediately after I made my complaint and invited me back to the hotel for a complimentary stay (4 nights -the duration of my trip) with breakfast included. I accepted the offer and my stay was really great. The staff gave us a fabulous, spacious room and the whole stay was really comfortable. It more than made up for the previous stay.
Whats more, he seemed genuinely concerned about the incident, as opposed to trying to placate us.
It was a really welcome response, as most hotels wouldn't go to such lengths to rectify the situation. I was very impressed.
The hotel itself is comfortable and great value -and it is very reassuring to know that management take customers comfort and satisfaction so seriously, as this is definitely not the case in every hotel. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Enjoyed an overnight stay,the room (727) was very comfortable,double & single bed. The room was spotlessly clean & had everthing we needed.

Staff were very friendly,helpful & efficient.There was a great choice for breakfast.

We would deffinitelt stay here again & the price we paid was excellent,£49 for 2 adults & 1 child B&B.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stopped here while visiting my son at the University of Derby and we were very happy with our choice, made I might add because of an offer found by my husband. The hotel room was a good size, with a comfortable bed and an excellent shower. Breakfast was good.......hot and a reasonable choice. My only issue is having to pay to park the car, so we parked at my son's student house instead. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

One night stay - mid week. Receptionist checking us in was very polite and friendly.

Room - 701 Twin room - spacious comfey and very clean

Dinner in bar - tasty and reasonable priced.

Overall. Excellent.