Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cinema

Always good. Keep independent cinema and arts thriving by supporting Quad. Best cinema in the... read more

Reviewed today
Gavin J
Derby, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great cafe.

Waiting for the bus we decided to have a drink. Friendly staff and a great choice of drinks on the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Chris W
Heanor, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews cafe bar independent cinema market place great cinema comfortable cinema art house watch films comfortable seating assembly rooms the ground floor city centre car park venue arts mainstream arty movie
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Went to see the new release of Journeys end. Been here a few times it has always been very good the staff are always nice and helpful you can also grab a beer and wine or also a coffee as we did pretty nice sitting there with a nice cold beer watching the film I tend to watch most new releases there now so much easier than showcase.

Also a nice little cafe downstairs.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Great selection of movies. Not just populist tripe. Really good value too. My biggest gripe when watching movies is those people who think they are in thier living rooms and chit chat accordingly. However, on the odd occasion that I have had to complain the staff have taken my complaint seriously and have taken the appropriate action. Well done to all the staff and please continue to put cinema lovers first.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

My first visit to Quad to see darkest hour, I enjoyed it. The John Hurt cinema has nice comfortable seats. I didn’t like the 15 mins of adverts and trailers beforehand though, I don’t got to Cinema often and forgot about them.
You can park free at the council offices car park after 5.30pm
I noticed you can get a cinema and meal deal.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I popped in for a coffee yesterday at about 11:10am (Sunday) and stood for ages waiting to be served. The male barista completely ignored me. The lady barista turned towards me, I thought she was going to serve me. However, she started to chat to the man and then turned away from me. I eventually walked out and went to Costa for my coffee instead. The service at Costa. was exemplary, lovely friendly staff. I have never experience such rudeness in a cafe before. I certainly will not return to the Quad cafe.

5  Thank starkbat
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Perhaps as my title is a clue, visited the Quad to watch the Last Jedi, great place to watch a movie, comfortable seats, not too busy and you can take your drinks in.