Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great cafe.

Waiting for the bus we decided to have a drink. Friendly staff and a great choice of drinks on the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Chris W
Heanor, United Kingdom
via mobile
Film and meal

Very good early evening meal with cinema ticket included. Comfortable seats and good meal too... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Linda M
Derby, United Kingdom

All reviews cafe bar independent cinema market place great cinema comfortable cinema art house watch films comfortable seating assembly rooms the ground floor city centre car park venue arts mainstream arty movie
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

My first visit to Quad to see darkest hour, I enjoyed it. The John Hurt cinema has nice comfortable seats. I didn’t like the 15 mins of adverts and trailers beforehand though, I don’t got to Cinema often and forgot about them.
You can park free at the council offices car park after 5.30pm
I noticed you can get a cinema and meal deal.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I popped in for a coffee yesterday at about 11:10am (Sunday) and stood for ages waiting to be served. The male barista completely ignored me. The lady barista turned towards me, I thought she was going to serve me. However, she started to chat to the man and then turned away from me. I eventually walked out and went to Costa for my coffee instead. The service at Costa. was exemplary, lovely friendly staff. I have never experience such rudeness in a cafe before. I certainly will not return to the Quad cafe.

5  Thank starkbat
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Perhaps as my title is a clue, visited the Quad to watch the Last Jedi, great place to watch a movie, comfortable seats, not too busy and you can take your drinks in.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Nice place you must make sure you put this on your bucket list fantastic place and you have to visit

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My wife and I are members of the Quad. We have always found that the Quad offers value for money whilst supporting the community and allowing us to see less 'Mainstream' cinema that we might not otherwise have seen. On the 19th December we went to see 'The Man Who Invented Christmas'. This was about Charles Dickens and how he came to write 'A Christmas carol'. I am sure that this would not have been shown for long in a Bog Cinema. Its lovely to sit down with a glass of wine whilst watching the film. The bigger cinemas may now offer more luxurious seats but they also charge you for this luxury. The Quad gives you something different and more diverse than main stream cinema. I would say go NOW and see the free light show that is being :-shownKimchi and Chips: Line Segments Space. This will impress you I have no doubt.