All reviews the pub chef and brewer restaurant next door air con dual carriageway family room comfortable bed good nights sleep what it says on the tin main road excellent stay reception staff long journey night's sleep plenty of parking overnight stop car park
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Booked two rooms for two nights. Reception first class when booking in, however on going up to one of the rooms, we had to turn back towards reception as it stunk of smoke, and we mean stunk - it was vile. The lady at reception quickly gave us another room - no problem, and an apology.

We booked a meal at the adjoining Wheatstone Inn for the evening and again for breakfast. We shall review this separately.

My wife retired to bed towards 11pm - soon after there were very loud footsteps coming from the floor above, and continued for most of the night, and again early in the morning, so she did not sleep. As reception was busy before breakfast, she made a complaint after breakfast, the staff tried to see if other rooms were available but to no avail. However, I guess they had words with the people on the upper floor and they were more considerate the following night, so my wife slept reasonably well. The staff cannot be faulted but the hotel needs to do something about the sounds between floors as you can hear most footsteps from above.

We have contacted Premier Inn as advised by the staff, as I expect them to honour their advertised commitment to refund the one night for one room. We shall see!!

The Hotel itself is a little tired and old but nothing really to bad, it serves it purpose.It has a huge car-park and has good access. We would be willing to stay again but would want a top floor room to avoid the sounds from above, and to get a decent nights sleep.

Room Tip: Top Floor Room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

So my review starts with a normal stay... a couple of nights in a premier inn to spend time with family in the area...
Our check in was great as per usual for a premier as I’m a frequent user through work. Later that night we had an issue with our little one being sick in bed and the night porter couldn’t have been more helpful providing us with replacement sheets.
Our issues began with breakfast at the greenking pub/restaurant serving the premier inn breakfast, cold and stale are the only words to describe the £9 breakfast!
On our second night we decided to try the greenking for an evening meal as there was nothing else close by. We only received half our meals and when we brought this to the duty managers attention we were told they were the next out... we waited patiently for the remaining meals but they failed to come. I then asked for a refund but wasn’t sure of the transaction for the refund.

Upon returning to the premier inn I asked the evening receptionist for advice. She was ever so helpful! She took copies of my restaurant receipts to speak to the restaurant manager herself to ensure I was appropriately refunded. As she was then aware we had not eaten she provided us with a list of takeaways that would deliver to the hotel.

Brilliant service from the premier inn! Thank you, you made a not so great situation better. That little extra went along way... especially with our 3 year old!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank MrOliTee
Reviewed 5 March 2018

What an amazing place.Rooms were immaculate.Staff were extremely Friendly and helpful.Nothing too much trouble.Very quiet.Beds are so comfy.Will definitely be back.Thank you so much for your excellent service.Restaurant next door highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marybaldwin167
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Stayed here as a walk in booking due to the weather. The staff were all so nice, friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean, warm and a good size. Despite being located on a main road, it was very quiet. It is conveniently located off a main route through the city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank UkTjr
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

You always know what to expect with a Premier Inn hotel and this one was no exception. Booking in was quick and easy with a friendly receptionist to make everything go as expected. My room was comfortable with large double bed and good workspace. Only wish Premier Inn would review their policy of limiting the sound on the TV set. It’s far too low for those of us with mild hearing issues.

Bathroom was clean and fresh with plenty of hot water early in the morning.

Good Premier Inn breakfast at restaurant next door to get me on my way.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business