The hotel is easy to find on the main Ripon Road - it has a small car park.
We checked in and were given details on breakfast, the use of the lounge and the night entrance.
The room was clean, freshly smelling and nicely decorated. Tea making facilities , quality biscuits, toffee & jelly tots . There were no drawers for clothes. The ensuite shower room was very small with a step up to the toilet, the shower and sink were also small. I do understand the hotel is called "The Bijou" .
I guess I am used to sleeping in pitch black and no noise as I live in the sticks. The blinds did let light in and the road was a little noisy.
Breakfast offered lots of choice.
I had the home made fruit compote which was delicious and the scrambled egg and smoked salmon. My husband had muesli and the full Yorkshire breakfast.
One point of concern was that when I looked at the mixed seeds and nut container the best before date was 2009 !! The granola container was best before 2008 !! I only checked as they did look like they had been there a long time. I avoided !
A cheap stay at £80 for the two of us and in a convenient location.
You are left to your own devices so I cannot comment on the service.
It was not luxurious, but good value and bijou as the name states.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bijou combines elegance and fashion with the intimacy and personal touches you only find in an owner run property. Wooden floors, comfy sofas and contemporary lighting and artwork. Situated in the smart neighbourhood of Harrogate's Duchy Estate, the Bijou is a short walk from town and the conference centre. On-site car parking, honesty bar and a fab breakfast with healthy choices such as home-made muesli, compote and a vegetarian option. Our hearty breakfasts start with a extensive continental buffet, unlimited Yorkshire Tea, Coffee, toast and a choice from the cooked breakfast menu:- Full English, French Toast with Maple Syrup, Italian, Scrambled Egg and Smoked Salmon, omletes and many other choices for just £8 per person per day, this can be purchased on arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Bijou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bijou Hotel Harrogate
- The Bijou Harrogate, Yorkshire