Hotel du Vin and Bistro
Arden House(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 96
Acorn Lodge Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
US$ 101
Wynnstay House(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 74
The Welford Bed & Breakfast(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 97
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 117
  • Restaurant
Studley Hotel and Orchid Restaurant(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 138
US$ 133
Baytree House(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
Rudding Park Hotel(Follifoot)
US$ 226
1,242 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerhdv harrogateroll top bathloft suitenespresso machinefree standing bathmini barwalk in showerthe general managerfirst floorlovely hotelsunday nightwine listper nighthuge bedreception stafflovely room
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Having chosen to stay in the hotel due to a family emergency so, we didn't spend as much time as we wanted to in our room, but it was lovely. I desperately wanted to use the free standing bath, but didn't have chance, however the room was comfortable and luxurious. On arrival, the receptionist was very friendly and polite, and sorted out everything we needed for our weekend stay. Even the manager carried our bags to our room! Our room overlooked Harrogates famous stray, and was very spacious. I wish we had had more chance to spend time in it to be honest!

We chose ate in the bistro on a whim, and I have to say that the entire experience did not disappoint! The a la carte menu was extensive, it took me a while just to make a decision on a starter. I chose the smoked haddock and leek risotto as a starter, and my partner chose the parfait and both were exquisite. Our main course consisted of a fantastic T-bone steak with fat chips, and a duck breast with creamy cabbage. Both again were to die for. We couldn't quite manage a dessert so we chose to share a cheeseboard. The sommelier organised a glass of port for my partner and it complimented the cheese fabulously.
As for the service, well I would disregard the below comments, because the all the staff within the hotel and restaurant are true professionals. The wine service was fantastic, and the waitresses were friendly and knowledgeable. The girl that brought the cheese tray to us was brilliant, and I would recommend anyone who enjoys a decent cheeseboard to order one.

Overall, I can say that we found this little gem by accident, and can definitely state that I will be recommending and visiting this restaurant again.

1  Thank sopie40
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The hotel has so much going for it yet we left disappointed. HDV and Malmaison are obviously very formulaic - generally you tend to know what you will get and generally it's pretty good. This hotel is nearly there, but not quite. The large double that we stayed in was probably fantastic a few years ago - but now looked a little shabby (certainly not "boutique"). Nothing major - just lots of little things that told you that many hundreds of other people had stayed in the room since the last time it was overhauled. Not what you want for the price that you pay.

The service was variable at best - check in and out were good, the bar staff were fine - but the girl who served us in the restaurant (and who seemed to be in charge) just didn't want to be there and was just irritating. The food again was variable - some was very good (by HDV standards) but some left you thinking that the chef had taken very good ingredients and carefully turned them into something that should have been far nicer.

2  Thank CarltonBanks72
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here overnight on 06.01.12 and ate in the Bistro. I booked over the phone as the website wasn't working and reserved the spacious room with freestanding bath & monsoon shower + ordered a car parking space. We were able to park outside the hotel but the spaces are tight! After we booked in with a very nice receptionist the porter got lost going to our room and we even ended up on the wrong floor! The room was nice and the monsoon shower was something else. We also enjoyed the bath although the bed was a little tired!! We were given a 50% discount voucher for the bistro and sat down for 8.45pm finding the dining room to be ticking over, busywise. The head waitress, called Debbie showed us to our table and didn't crack a smile all night. She wasn't rude but really shouldn't be in the service industry as there was no warmth or any kind welcome from her. When when my wife ordered the cheeseboard, she brought it to the table and gave her the most miserly pieces of cheese you have ever seen plus she tried to pass off a piece of browned brie that had been sat out all night and was way past it's sell by date. This was rectified but as my wife was getting full she did not ask for larger portions of cheese. A couple behind us got the same treatment and they also rejected the brown brie that we had sent back, I couldn't believe she had tried to give someone that instead of binning it. The other couple were similarly impressed. Even armed with our 50% discount the bill was £71 for 3 courses plus two drinks, not amazing value for money, I would have been seriously aggrieved had we not been offered the discount. We then went for a drink in the bar and at midnight the staff went 'missing in action'. I literally could have served myself as no-one was there to have stopped me. I had to ask the receptionist who radio'ed somebody through to serve me, not impressive. We gave up at that point as other customers were having the same problems and I didn't fancy another 10min wait to order a drink. We came down for breakfast in the morning which was very nice and the service was good. There was lots of choice from fruit and cereal. choc au pain, to full english etc.

Overall the hotel was ok, the room was bordering on tired but bath and shower excellent.
The bistro was an unfortunate experience as was the bar but the breakfast brought it back a little.

All in all after spending a total of £230 on an 'overnighter', nothing to write home about...

Room Tip: Order a wide bay to park your car and don't leave without using the monsoon shower ;-)
1  Thank WanderingYorkies
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed for 1 night only in November 2011, our room was not quite ready, which was not a problem, but the offer of a complimentary drink was very acceptable. Room was comfortable, evening meal was excellent. We have visited this hotel before for drinks and lunches and have never been disapointed. The staff are helpful in every way, the location is within walking distance of the all sites that Harrogate has too offer. Betty's tea rooms are a must.

We have stayed in other Hotel du Vin and highly recommend this chain.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel in early December and stayed in a large room on the first-floor (which was an upgrade). The hotel is great, rooms spacious and everything in perfect condition. Reception was great, particularly in saving us a parking space during peak time. We both used the hotel spa and enjoyed great massages (and as a regular with massages it was very good). The extensive drinks and cocktails menu helped us enjoy the night more, and the food at the Bistro was first-class - even during a busy December period. This was our first visit to a Du Vin hotel (having stayed in many Malmaisons) and we would definitely return. The hotel was ideally located for Christmas shopping in Harrogate!

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a spacious room - the bathroom alone was bigger than some hotel rooms I've stayed in previously.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple