The Yorkshire Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 119
CrownePlaza.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
Hotel du Vin and Bistro(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
US$ 151
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Studley Hotel and Orchid Restaurant(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 208
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
US$ 157
US$ 125
Hotels.com
Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 179
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Harrogate South Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Harrogate Town Centre Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
PremierInn.com
1,967 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townbars and restaurantsnight breaklarge bathroomevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice central location. ideal if arriving by train, car parking may be a problem as only a limited number of spaces. and guests must pay. The building is quite old and some refurbishment is ongoing. but it is in need of a complete major refurbishment, the lifts are slow and scruffy, carpets generally are totally worn out and dirty, our bathroom was tatty and dirty, room was dirty under the bed which hadnt been cleaned there for some considerable time. There is free wifi. but it is very slow all the time. even during the night and of very limited use, most web pages timing out before the web page loaded properly. Our room was cold and only had a small electric heater as a source of some heat, although a fan heater was available in the room. the noise kept us awake. The window in our room was an old wooden sash window type single glazed so street / traffic noise was a problem all the time. Staff were in the main ok and helpful. but next time we visit Harrogate we think will stay elsewhere. this hotel was a big let down due to it tatty condition such a shame really and whilst it is undergoing some refurbishnent until it is completely refurbished I would only recommend this place if you couldn't find anywhere else to stay

Room Tip: very scruffy, although location in central Harrogate is perhaps its only "plus"
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nomadjo82
Chantel T, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
You will be happy to know our refurbishment which has just started and will be complete in the next six months which will be a complete strip out of rooms and re-decoration we have had the hotel for 8 weeks, please bare with us.
That being said there are a lot of rooms and the general feedback we are receiving is that they are clean and comfortable and the rates are reflective of its current 3 star status.
We hope you come back and visit again to see what we have achieved.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the occasions where I have had to visit Harrogate on business.

So this hotel is located about 10 - 15 mins walk from Harrogate train station and within a few minutes of the shops.

I have found the staff not only helpful but pleasant as well.

They are also a twinned with the White Hart and its Fat Badger restaurant which I found pleasant to dine at.

Breakfast is also a delight and for the price is worth every penny.

On my second occasion I was offered a single bed. I have to say that it was comfortable and with good toilet/bathroom facilities which I found to be better than the double one I had a few weeks prior.

Once when I lodged in one of the rooms with a double bed, the shower/toilet were not that great.

Notwithstanding, my overall experience has come to be the standard by which I measure other hotels of similar status in Harrogate.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken N
Chantel T, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Ken,
Thank you for your wonderful review.
Its great to know you had a pleasant stay with us, I will certainly pass your comments on to the whole team including our sister hotel the white hart and fat badger where you dined.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best wishes
The team at the yorksire

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent location close to the shops, the food was lovely would definitely go back. Brilliant bar attached to the hotel and reasonably priced. Only down side was the parking, there was limited parking spaces.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Craig A

Dear Craig,
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review.
Its wonderful you got chance to sample our great scran bar which has just recently re-opened.

We hope you visit again soon, until then cheers for your much appreciated kind comments.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we pulled up at the hotel and I thought we were in for a treat. There was no parking space and the receptionist told me to park somewhere else and come back later! Not very helpful. The room was in need of a good clean, decorating, new carpet etc. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large but shabby looking. The bar area was ok.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Denise,
I apologise that you experienced a few issues on your arrival to the hotel.
We are currently refurbishing the hotel and giving it a bit of tlc.
I hope you come back soon to witness the exciting changes and new standards that will be in place.
Many Thanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We made a return visit to this hotel recently and enjoyed it as much as ever. We had a room on the fifth floor which had a separate sitting area. It was clean and comfortable.The bed was especially comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful as usual. We felt the vegetarian menu had gone downhill again but the chef kindly made us omelettes when asked. The weather was much milder when we stayed but I think I would have been cold had we gone a week or two earlier. The upgrade might usefully include better heating?

To address the title of this review:-
Thanks to the hotel staff for ordering bottle of Tio Pepe in for me. I really enjoyed sitting in the candlelit lounge drinking a couple of glasses of this before dinner. A nice touch.

Apologies - for picking up a juice glass on Sunday morning and somehow causing the whole tray to fall backwards and smash on to the floor. I don't know what happened, it was as if the glass I'd picked up had been the one keeping the tray balanced on the one beneath.
Concerns - I know you are undertaking a refurbishment. That's fine but do you really think putting the 'new' restaurant's name up graffiti style on the end wall of the room fits with the rest of the decor? This is such a lovely building and the restaurant is so nice at the moment.I love the light fittings in particular. Please don't destroy the ambiance here. I'd hate to return and find I hated the changes.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEBLLB

Dear Guest,
Thanks- Thank you for your wonderful review
Apologies- are not needed accidents happen I am sure the juice glasses survived
Concerns- We aim as you have seen so far to keep this amazing ambience and improve on it only, I am glad you like our new light fitting, I am a big fan to.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future, I know your stay will be equally pleasant if not better.