15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$104
View deal
Priceline$104
Expedia.com$104
Hotels.com$104
Travelocity$104
Tripadvisor$104
Destinia.com$114
All reviews champagne bar carters restaurant afternoon tea chateaubriand breakfast staff scones lovely hotel superior room a lovely stay town centre marie
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

The building is historic and truly ‘Majestic’. And now fully refurbished, bringing the interior up to date. There is a very luxurious bar area (World Cup footie was on) and later a DJ (don’t worry - the music truly enhanced the atmosphere and volume never interfered with conversation).
We ate in the restaurant on the first night where the food was top quality bistro style. And the Bar Manager (Sam) was as knowledgeable as he was friendly. To be fair this was true of every staff member we met.
If you’re planning on going to Harrogate then the Majestic Hotel is thoroughly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Glover, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Harrogate Majestic Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2022

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, namely that of the bar. I am also happy to hear that the team, namely Sam, were friendly and helpful.
Hopefully, we will welcome you back soon!

Warmest regards

Reviewed 28 November 2022

We stayed at the Majestic for a one night dinner and breakfast and I must say that we could not fault the staff or hotel for how welcoming and helpful they were.
We arrived and everyone was very polite and couldn’t do enough. On allocation of our room we identified that there was a slight humming from the fan and as my wife has an hearing issue it was a little unnameable.
After contacting the reception Alex, the executive came and took us around a number of rooms to see which ones were acceptable and without any humming. He spent a lot of time ensuring that my wife was comfortable and happy. For this we are truly grateful and because of it we had a fantastic time at the hotel.
We had evening meal which was lovely and all of the staff couldn’t do enough for us.
I must say that the whole stay was top class, the room was modern and comfortable, the spa was lovely, the food was top class and the staff were exactly what any organisation could be proud of. We will definitely be back.
A big thank you to Alex and all of the reception staff.

Room tip: Ring reception and discuss requirements as they are very accommodating and will sort things out with no issues

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am glad to hear that Alex ensured you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be certain to pass all of your feedback along to our reception and restaurant teams.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 November 2022

Really nice afternoon tea. Lovely service and great food. Excellent alternative to Betty’s which was fully void, but I’m glad it was because the Majestic Hotel was very special. Highly recommended. I will definitely book again.
Special shout out to Tina, Ishmael and Emily who were all great at looking after us.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your dining experience with us. I am glad to hear the restaurant team were all friendly and welcoming. I will be certain to pass all of your lovely feedback to our team.

Reviewed 27 November 2022

This was our first stay at the Majestic since it became a Double Tree by Hilton. We were not disappointed. The welcome by George, on reception, was exceptional, and the dealings we had with all other members of staff were of a similar high, professional standard. We booked a bed and breakfast deal and both our room and the breakfast were excellent. The hotel is well situated and it is an easy walk into the centre of Harrogate. Parking is £12 a night but we did not begrudge the charge as the overall impression and the convenient position of the hotel and its amenities were so good.

Room tip: We were on the 4th floor (409) a very large and quiet room.

Good afternoon,

Thank you or taking the time to leave such a wonderful feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that George was friendly and welcoming. I will be certain to pass all your comments along to our team.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 27 November 2022

I was extremely keen to book the 3 day Christmas package for my Mum and I to stay at this hotel over Christmas 2022.

After a tough couple of years, it was to be a 'bucket list' surprise for my Mum, who has extremely fond memories of visiting this hotel 66 years ago as a 10 year old.

Although the hotel proclaims on it's website, and on the Hilton Honours App, that it is dog friendly, sadly the opposite is true.

Although the App states that dogs up to 34kg are accepted in the rooms, and, as can be seen from the attached photo, does not state a maximum number of dogs per room, apparently you are somehow supposed to know, I assume by telepathy, that this only applies if you want to take 2 dogs.

If you wish to take 4 small dogs, whose combined weight is well under the stated permitted weight for a single dog, you are barred from booking a single room and have to book two rooms in order to comply with their arbitrary 2 dog ruling.

The reason given for this is that apparently allowing any more than two dogs per room "would put the Health and Safety of other guests at risk"!

This seems an utterly bizarre reason as surely basic common sense would dictate that the health and safety of guests is far more likely to be compromised by two large 34kg dogs, than by two small, sub 6kg dogs per person, that can be easily scooped up and carried should their presence somehow jeopardise the safety of a passer by. Added to which due to mobility issues, two of our combined four dogs travel most places by pram.

Having stayed at a number of Hilton Hotels over the past two years, I have never had a problem taking four small dogs as long as the dogs have remained under the stated maximum kilo limit.

After so many more helpful responses and interactions from Hilton employees, I'm utterly gobsmscked by the total inflexibility of the person I spoke to on reception, who when I asked for the hotel manager's details to take the matter up further with them simply responded by saying there was "no point me bothering to do so" as the wonan I was speaking to wrote the dog policy for the hotel and it was not open for question.

Clearly the Majestic, and the author of this hotel's Dog Policy considers themselves to be a cut above all other Double Tree Hilton Hotels, and is also not above misleading potential customers with it's claims of being a pet freindly hotel.

After a recent stay at the Best Western, where the hotel staff couldn't do enough to help, it would appear that the Best Western Customer Service levels far outstrip those of the Majestic.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penyrhos
Andrew Glover, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Harrogate Majestic Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2022

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback I will be certain to pass this along to our team.
Unfortunately, Hilton policy states 2 pets per room or 1 dog beyond a certain limit. However, we would love to have you visit us, please may I request you drop an email to me on; guestrelations@doubletree-harrogate.co.uk

Lily Allan