All reviews train station car park attendant directly opposite the station peterborough station no lift shopping centre bridal suite trouser press large bathroom garden room few minutes walk sunday lunch bar area wedding venue scones waiting staff following morning
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent. Brilliant meal in the restaurant and excellent service. Would certainly stay there again. A wide selection of meals to choose from. All the ingredients were very fresh and very tasty. Very close to railway station.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your review. Our 1852 restaurant will be changing its menu next week to a more spring/summer style but all the old favourites will still remain. As you stated we only use the freshest ingredients, and all our meals including our breakfasts are cooked to order, which is very rare in a three star hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had some 11 rooms booked for two nights for our wedding at another venue. This was central and eventual after a lot of chasing phone calls different staff telling us they would return our calls and emails and never did! I them called and spoke to a manager who restored our faith and we went a head and booked! This should of been a very good signal of what was to come !!! A letter sent and received by Shaun [--]. General manager still remains unanswered from the first week in April !!! We received a call from A member of staff called Lizzie [--] saying how sorry she was that we had experienced so many problems and that Mr [--] was in receipt of our detailed 2 page letter. She explained that £100 had been added back to us some 2 weeks previous of checking this this is correct! How ever totally unacceptable !!! And still no reply from Mr [--] !! We will be getting our wedding party to also to leave their views ! Do not expect what you pay for !!! Very very poor ! Photos and copy of complaint to follow !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

This historic hotel is in a good position next to the railway station and only a short walk to the town centre. There is a large carpark with plenty of space. There are no lifts but help is offered with the luggage should you need it.
We had a large room with a large bathroom that had a roll top bath with separate shower.
The staff were all very pleasant, we dined in the restaurant which was very good. It is good to see the money has been invested in restoring this historic hotel. There is still some work to do but we very much enjoyed our stay. We would definitely return on our next visit to Peterborough.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Laura
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that we met all your expectations and in every area, room, food, service.
You are correct there is no lift, and of course we do offer assistance as you have stated. We look forward to your next vidst to the Great Northern Hotel and to Peterborough.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

A few of my colleague's and I, recently stayed at this hotel to discuss a project which we are launching. The location is great, as it is only a 10 minute walk to the station, which made it easy for all of us to commute. Also, the breakfast was okay and the staff seemed to take a genuine interest in our requirements.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

JRMichael

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that your experience at the GNH met your expectations. The staff do take a traditional and honest approach to service, with ethos being the customer always comes first. You have highlighted our breakfast which is something that we are very proud of as we still cook all our breakfasts to order. I do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Have stayed on many business trips but this time felt deflated after previous stays being very good.
Had to reset my room key on the return to the hotel every night with excuses ranging from “It must have been near your mobile phone” “ Next to your bank cards” or cards are very delicate. If it’s a security issue I don’t mind just tell me but it’s never happened wherever else I’ve stayed and used key card room entry.
Breakfast excellent but for the first two days I got a pot of tea and for the last two it was a lukewarm pot served by the waiting staff.
Breakfast service also seemed to slow the longer the stay so somewhat surprised.
Three days of good breakfast service, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and one day of couldn’t care less in between.
Room perfectly adequate although a draught around the old sash window.
Free car park an added bonus, remember to get your pass stamped at reception before leaving.
Receptionists very good and very helpful.
Ideal for visits to the city, for business or if you fancy a stopover via the railway.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Shaun R, General Manager at Great Northern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Andy
Thank you for your review. I apologise for the luke warm tea, I do hope you highlighted this at the time and it was replaced.
Our service should be consistent throughout and I am disappointed that one of the days was not satisfactory, I shall be speaking to the staff concerned to make sure this does not happen again.