All reviews meal deal thyme restaurant wooden shutters good nights sleep comfortable bed long journey convenient location family room overnight stop road noise would stay again twin room plenty of parking budget hotel bar area cooked breakfast one night stay
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I can’t fault Premier Inn, they focused on the details essential to a good nights sleep and pulled it off. Ultimately it’s a business/travellers hotel chain, generally close to the edge of town, easy access to motorways and not family oriented (although it would be perfectly fine if you had kids with you) and I like it that every one I’ve stayed at is to the same standard. This one was clean, tidy, welcoming with really pleasant and friendly staff. My room had a nice bathroom with bath and shower over, desk, hanging space, tv, hairdryer and the jewel in every Premier Inns crown, the sumptuous bed. God I love that bed. I’m 8 months pregnant and my night at Premier Inn was the best nights sleep I’ve had in 3 months.
They have genuinely hit the nail on the head getting those beds, no where else I have stayed can match a Premier Inn for bedtime comfort. It’s better than my bed at home, I want to buy one of their mattresses!!
Anyway, there was the usual tea, coffee and kettle in the room with extra sachets at reception if you wanted more, blackout curtains, temperature control and a fan. Everything I could need.
We paid an extra £23 and had the meal deal, so that’s a 2 course dinner with drink and the unlimited breakfast the following morning.
The restaurant is in the pub which is a separate building in front of the hotel, a standard chain type pub/restaurant but nice. The food was good and large portions but the service really slow.
Breakfast the next morning was immense, we took full advantage of the continental buffet but you could also have a cooked breakfast.
The location was perfect for what we needed it for and close to a shopping park with a good selection of Home and clothing shops.
For a business trip we had a really enjoyable stay, and if Premier Inn fancy giving me one of their mattresses I would love them forever!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Pleasant and efficient check in. We were given a room in the ‘doughnut wing’, a circular building with rooms up narrow stairs in pairs. Clean room but smaller than the usual Premier Inn because of the shape. Bathroom better size. Usual comfortable bed and very little traffic noise, despite facing the A1(M). This was partly due to the fact the road was closed overnight on the first night (a huge detour coming back from Stamford!) and partly due to the very efficient wooden shutters instead of curtains. We only had breakfast in the in-house Thyme restaurant once, this tasted OK but as a buffet, very little food was brought out each time resulting in a wait and a queue for food, fancy bringing out four fried eggs for a queue of six+ people. I think there was only one chef on and he was struggling a bit to keep up with demand, we saw him bring out poached eggs himself to a table. At £9.50 each for a full breakfast and £7.50 for continental this is no longer a decent deal. We had a much nicer breakfast in Stamford for £2 less each. Having said that, this hotel is much cheaper than the rooms available in Stamford, even factoring in the £30 taxi fare. Decent WiFi even without upgrading I was able to watch some Sky Go on my iPad. There is a lot to see and do in this part of the country and Premier Inns remain a good deal with definitely by far the most comfortable beds!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Stayed here before as it is convenient stop over. Ate dinner here for the first time.
Dinner was a very average affair in a very average restaurant.
Rooms was fine ( but a little unusual as you had to climb individual stairs for access).
There is a range of eating places about 7/8 minutes drive way which are better dining choices.
I don't normally comment on Premier Inn stays as are normally as expected, but this one for quality of food and atmosphere stands out as being below par.
Staff were really helpful it has to be said.
I think the other Premier Inn about 5 minutes away is much better and will be my choice next time in the area

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple