All reviews rowing club pub next door hotel is situated a bit tired buffet breakfast lovely setting stayed for one night would stay again city centre weekend break evening meal tea and coffee making facilities comfy bed karina buisness rear
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We were there last week 12/13 asked if there was a room overlooking the lake,staff should us the room explained by the door might be noisy,stayed in that room fabulous views over the rowing lake,excellent staff all round, bar was cheaper than the pub next door, good breakfast plenty of choice, great for walking into Peterborough, yes it does look a bit tired but staff made up for that, would definitely come back, cheers. Ps flypast by a Lancaster as well

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
DragonflyTeam, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Paul G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us, and I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This was the venue for a small family get together .Food was laid on buffet style, with free coffee / tea .The rooms were spacious and the staff very helpful.Nice selection of food seemed to please everyone .

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
DragonflyTeam, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear rainysnows,

Thank you for your review following your event with us, and I'm glad your family enjoyed their time with us. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for work purposes
I booked a double room with breakfast, however it starts at 0630 and I had to leave around that time so didn't try

The room in terms of standard Travelodge, the room was clean and had snack/drinks available , however you would be charged for these

Reception staff were polite and check in efficient. You do get asked for a £25 deposit on your card which is refunded once you have checked out, I don't like this policy

The car park is free, make sure you register your car though

Hotel decent, does have food and there is a pub next door if the menu doesn't appeal

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Lmarieevans
DragonflyTeam, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Lmarieevans,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your stay with us, and I'm pleased you enjoyed your time at the Dragonfly.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

She was off for some meeting up north, and we had a show at the Cresset the night before. So her boss, deciding attendance was more important than a gold laying goose, said get this little shocker booked so I could take her to the train station. Top compromise, in theory.
Off we went to some comedy at the Cresset, met our friends & had a good giggle. Then, a couple minutes round the corner, came to check in.
The reception is a large open area with seating & travel leaflets at the front, and a bar round the back to the left. The staff were all pretty bored by the time we got there, and were hiding in the bar. Not to worry, knew we were coming and sorted the key card pretty quick.
Rooms are a little tired looking, nothing special but will do for the night. There’s a socket on the wall opposite the mirror for all those with GHD’s to worry about, and a hairdryer my nan must have used during the war in the drawers so probably tell the Mrs to bring her own... you really don’t need to hear about that all day.
There’s a pressure bad & they take a £25 holding deposit on your card in case you eat anything... photo attached. I don’t know why but I can leave Pringles when they’re in Tesco but staring at me...
Really pleased that by the one bedside cabinet there is a plug socket for her phone, and I have to say lots of them about near the dressing table. Tv was alright & the room was clean, could do with a paint but I’m not so worried. Free parking if the girl at reception puts your number plate in.
DONT bring her for her anniversary. She’ll work out you’re having an affair & meeting the other woman here
DO book if you want quick access to the train station being 1.1 miles away or the Cresset which is 3.3 miles away.
#travelDave

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
DragonflyTeam, Manager at Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear D L
Thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us.
We appreciate that some areas of the hotel are dated and in need of refurbishment, and will shortly be commencing work to update all areas of the hotel.
I hope that you will consider using us again should your travels bring you back to the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back

Regard

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely location and pleasant hotel. Decor is tired but clean. (See attached pics of toilet handle and stained carpet) The room Served the purpose for one night stay. Very disappointed with "all you can eat breakfast" more like "get what you can!" Arrived for breakfast at 09.30 and there was no Fruit Juice, fruit cocktail, bacon sausage egg beans or mushrooms. When bringing this to the attention of a female member of restaurant staff (Katrina) she apologised and said food would be replenished in 5 minutes. 20 minutes later nothing waa replenished bar a few beans. I was so hungry and thought I'd go continental instead of full english but to no avail. Only a couple of slices of ham and a couple of pieces of cheese. No choice of bread or pastries. Abysmal .. I ended up with 2 slices of toast and a coffee for the price of £9. 95 each for my partner and I. On complaining, we were told there was no need to complain! Each and every other guest agreed with us that all you can eat breakfast costing £9.95 was an absolute joke and, of course, there was reason to complain. Katrina would certainly complain if we took equivalent cost out of her purse and gave her nothing in return and terrible customer service into the bargain. Eventually, she said she would take the cost of breakfast off our bill and I feel she only did this as she had no other option! Well she did but she chose not to fill the trays up for any of the guests! On checking out the receptionist Leanne (i think she was called) listened and she was so helpful understanding and generally lovely. It is a shame that Katrina from the restaurant was not cut from the same Customer Service Cloth . We regularly visit hotels and The Dragonfly, on the whole, was as pleasantly expected but breakfast ruined any chance of a glowing report which has brought me to my first fairly "negative" review.

Dear Jacqueline G,
Thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry you were disappointed with your breakfast experience, I have spoken to the food and beverage team leader, who wishes to be associated with my apologies for the delay in re-stocking hot items during our busiest times.
I hope that this has not put you off using the hotel again in the future, when I'm sure you will find that your experience at breakfast was very much the exception, rather than the rule.