“A lovely evening of food, laughter and prosecco!”
Review of The Holy Grail

The Holy Grail
Ranked #39 of 159 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Me and my partner had heard fantastic things about The Holy Grail in Wexford and decided one Tuesday night that we'd head into town and go see a movie, followed by dinner. On entering the restaurant we were greeted by our waitress Maria, she made us feel extremely welcome and showed us to our table quickly. The food itself was of a good standard, if a little pricey. I chose the Tikka Chicken for a starter, whilst a little dry was certainly not short of flavour, followed by the chicken curry and a death by chocolate cake dessert. I do have to say however the highlight of both of our night was our waitress, she was so attentive to our needs, offering hilarious conversation, recommendations on what we should order from the dessert menu and quite simply turning our meal into an experience. If only every waitress was as invested in her customers. We would return for her alone!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We went here as a family of four for Sunday lunch and we were all very impressed with the food and service. It is very reasonably priced too. We'll be back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We saw an offer in the window for 2 two course meals and a bottle of wine for €44.50. It was a Sunday and around 6pm. There were already quite a few diners there. Curries and stir fries are described as mild medium and hot, which I liked as you could get something a little hotter than usual. The staff were really helpful and friendly, especially Freya who was so sweet. A friend called to ask where we were and he joined us. Staff had no problem with his order although we were already on our starters. Another 2 friends decided to come too and again no problems with orders and no delays. Food delicious everyone agreed. We decided to return the next day. It was far more quiet but food was just as good. And in fact on Mon-Fri there was a dessert included in the set meal for two at the same price as the previous night. Staff once again were fantastic, so friendly. Yes the decor is quirky , so what when you get such delicious food.

manoj V, Owner at The Holy Grail, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant.Glad to know that you enjoyed our meal and service with us.We hope to see you soon

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The menu was very limited for anyone who has to be gluten free.
It was also expensive, the however were friendly and tried to do their best.

1  Thank r0bmurph
manoj V, Owner at The Holy Grail, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

We are very sorry that you didn't enjoy the visit in our restaurant.but any dishes from our menu can be made gluten free .just inform the waitress.We usually charge at a reasonable price .Thank you for your review

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Came here recently with my boyfriend. I got the chicken tikka masala which I thoroughly enjoyed, I also got cheesey nan bread to top it off! But unfortunately, my boyfriend got the vindaloo which was ridiculously hot!! He didn't enjoy because it was uncomfortably hot! It was a bit disappointing because usually he would be the one to leave the plate clean, but this time it was me! I think you need to put a warning on how hot each curry is so that people won't make the same mistake! Overall, I enjoyed my meal and would come back!

Sorry to hear that your boyfriend didn't enjoy the vindaloo.But we clearly write on our menu that all vindaloo dishes are very hot.Thank you for the review.