We booked a half spa day with one 30 minute treatment and then lunch at the hotel restaurant afterwards.
On arrival at the hotel it has such a grand entrance and driveway, it makes you feel that you are going somewhere really special. Inside the hotel it's a bit tardy in places, but I think that this somehow adds to the fascination of this splendid building and grounds.
We were welcomed by very friendly staff who led us to the lounge where we firstly all got served tea/ coffee whilst we completed our forms for the spa day. This was a nice touch.
We were then shown around the Spa facilities which were extremeley clean and tidy. There was a bit of confusion with our time slots but this was fine in the end. The sauna and steam room were a little on the small side but the pool was was the right size for swimming and just chilling out. With the see through windows and the scenery it was like a little hide-away.
We all chose different treatments ranging from facials, massages and indian head massage. I chose a classic which was very relaxing especially after using the facilities all morning.
The changing rooms were extremeley clean and had all the mod cons including GHD straightners, hairdryer, power shower. The robes, towels and slippers provided for you on the day were also very luxurious and clean.
After we had a table to 6 booked in the hotel restaurant which was serving a 2 or 3 course Sunday lunch. The selection was good and I chose salmon to start with which was very tasty, along with the traditional roast beef dinner. It was served with a wide choice of veggies and gravy and I thought very delicious indeed. Some of my friends considered the beef to be too pink for them, but I found it was cooked to perfection and enjoyed it like that. The service in the restaurant was very good and we were allowed to take our time, and being able to enjoy the food and each others' company after a relaxing morning the last thing we wanted to do was be rushed through our food. And this, did not happen.
The restaurant was quite quiet on the day we visited apart from our table of 6, there was also two more tables one of 2 and another of 12.
I would definitely recommend both Lakeside Spa and the hotel resturant to my friends and family and most definitely go back there again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Botleigh Grange Hotel & Spa is a beautiful country hotel with all the character you would expect from such a grand 17th century building whilst combining traditional ambience with modern facilities.Ideally situated amongst 14 acres of stunning gardens and grounds in Hampshire, this beautiful country house hotel offers you the warmest of welcomes whilst our dedicated staff strive to offer all our guests a level of service that will surprise you. The combination of great service and facilities such as our luxurious Spa, award winning restaurant and spacious bedrooms, including four poster bedrooms, makes Botleigh Grange Hotel the perfect choice for leisure or business (our conferencing facilities being the largest in the south), as well as being a great venue for weddings, with infinite opportunities for photographs in its stunning grounds, which include two lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Botleigh Grange Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Hotel
- Legacy Botleigh Grange Southampton