“Great Stay, lovely hotel”

Treacys Hotel Waterford
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Waterford
kilkenny
“Great Stay, lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for the Motorbike fest which was on in Waterford over the weekend. We really enjoyed our stay here, room was lovely and didn't hear a sound all night. Best night sleep I've had in ages. The staff were lovely to us and very helpful especially on the Sunday morning when we wanted to do a little shopping and they looked after our bags for us. We have already said we will definitely be back. Have read that other people had problems with the car park , not sure why as we had no problems at all. Ciara

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Ciara,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay with us. I'm trilled to read that you had a great time and that you will definitely be back to stay with us again. I'm delighted that you found a lot of comfort in your room and that hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Once again thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Shóna McGailey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

We booked this hotel because it was so close to the train station but we didn't realise that there were 3 more hotels along the mall!

Our check-in was fine; had requested a room "with a view" and that's exactly what we got! While the hotel is nice and cosy you would know that there has been no up-dating carried out in the past 20 years, at least! The room given to us was facing the river and, therefore overlooking the main road and the traffic was noisy but that didn't seem to bother us at all. The room was on the small side with nice comfortable bed. The window opening was ample giving plenty of fresh air which is one of my pet "likes".

The bathroom, which appeared more modern than the room was nice and fresh. I had two small quibbles with the bathroom. One, they only had a soap dispenser over the handbasin and another dispenser with "hair & body shampoo" over the bath. This really annoys me as I like the little sachets of shampoo and body lotion along with the shower cap. My second quibble was the the bath/shower towels were on the small side.

The evening meal which was in an old-fashioned type of restaurant with ugly plastic table-cloths was very nice and tasty, plain but quite tasty.

We used the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and enjoyed our swim. We were caught out though not having any shampoo with us and there were no dispensers in the changing room. So I asked the attendant and he gave me a couple of sachets.

All in all this is a very comfortable hotel but extremely dated. I could not fault the service as the girls we met were lovely. I don't think I would stay here again as I liked the look of a couple of the hotels along the mall. But I would not put anyone off staying there either. IMO a bit of up-dating would make all the difference because they have everything else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Mollie,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your stay with us. All feedback is greatly appreciated as it is with guests feedback that we can help improve our hotel.

Firstly, I am delighted to read that you really did enjoy your stay with us. I'm happy that staff could accommodate your request of a room with a view and the leisure centre team were also on hand to provide shampoo sachets to you. I will also look into providing sachets of shampoo in our guest bedrooms too.

Our hotel was originally built in the mid 18th Century and with recent modernization we have tried to retain the charm of the building. Local planning restrictions do not permit us to rebuild hence we must keep sash windows etc. We last updated our rooms in 2007 and added our Spa & Leisure Centre in 2009. We carry out paint work on an annual and biannual bases and maintenance work is ongoing. We are however looking at modernising our corridors at the moment.

Once again thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time out to review your experience with us.

cork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

My friends and I stayed in this hotel on 29th June for the weekend. I complained at the resturant about my main meal where I was spoken to very rudely by a manager on duty. I also spoke to the customer service rep who was not very helpful. My friends had stayed here for a special occasion and it was not a good place to stay if you want manners!!!! I wrote a letter of complaint but however as of writing I have not received any proper apology, only it shouldnt have happened etc. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
The location was ideal but I would not be staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank siobhan h
Dear Siobhan,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We are ideally located just a short stroll from the main shopping area, we are also just a two minute walk from both bus and train station.

We do regret that you felt your stay with us was not a positive experience. We are sorry to hear that our customer service rep. and our manager on duty could not rectify your problem. It is the first time we have come across a complaint such as yours about our customer service rep. and manager. We are looking into this.

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sales & Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Waterford hotels

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We are just back from a three night stay in Treacy's Hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was spacious. I used the pool which was a great amenity. Would reccommend this hotel. It is ideally situated for all the city centre sights.

2 Thank EllieKIreland
Dear Ellie,

I'm delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you took time out to enjoy our leisure facilities. We are very fortunate in having a great team of staff here at Treacys Hotel. This we feel enhances guests experiences during their stay. Thank you once again for your recent stay and for taking the time out to review your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Lucan, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have just returned from a great weekend in Treacys hotel Waterford.
The staff in the hotel are top class. Myself and my wife had a lovely time in the spa.I had a massage from a wonderful therapist Maria from Carlow.
The two girls on the reception in the spa were fabulous especially Tracy who gave us a great tip for our trip to dunmore east.
Our room was lovely and had plenty of space.
Most of all we would like to thank Marion who puts the C into customer service.
Marion is an exceptional person who made our weekend so enjoyable.
Just chatting with this outstanding lady was a pleasure and as long as Marion is leading the customer experience in Treacys I predict many rebooking from guests.
Myself and my wife will definitely return to Treacys.
Thanks to all the lovely people from Waterford.
Jimmy & Noeleen room 249 Friday and Saturday.

1 Thank James B
Maria K, Director of Sales at Treacys Hotel Waterford, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear James,

It is an absolute delight to read your review. We are very fortunate to have such a great team of staff here at Treacy's Hotel. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone and they will be trilled. I would have to agree with you 100% that Marian is an outstanding lady and a pleasure to be around as is Traci, the manager at Spirit Spa & Beauty.

Once again thank you for such kind words. It was an absolute pleasure having you and your wife stay with. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.