1,586 results
All reviews porridge old world charm historic hotel irish whiskey old style the river cie tour wonderful hotel carvery lunch the hotel manager the pub waterford crystal breakfast was excellent car park full irish breakfast bar food viking triangle
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay fab hotelwould highly recommend this hotel anyone visiting Waterford,very pleasant staff,cosmetologist shops, pubs and fab restaurants: would come back, center of town,handy parking, hotel food gorgeous and spotless clean,beds very comfortable

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Waterfordhotel, General Manager at Granville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for such a detailed and glowing review of your recent stay with us. It really seems like you thoroughly enjoyed your time spent with us and that you got to explore our beautiful city. Thank you very much for your kind recommendation and we hope you get the chance to return to us before too long.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Wonderful staff - they could not have been more helpful. I lost my voltage charger and they loaned me one. When I could not find one in the area to purchase they let me keep the one they loaned me for a small service charge. Location is perfect within walking distance of all. Great breakfast and lovely room. Parking directly across the street.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your five star review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us. It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your charger issue. We aim to go above and beyond with our customer service, so it's nice to hear you feel we've done that. We really are lucky with our location, being in the centre of Waterford's historic and shopping district. I hope you got a chance to explore our beautiful city and that we get the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Good town centre location. Great breakfasts and very friendly and informative staff. Unfortunately this hotel suffers from it’s own success: numerous coach parties on special deals causes strain on restaurant and bar space and facilities with excessive noise levels. Prepare to jostle in peak times for space and service: otherwise couldn’t fault the venue and staff service.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Granville Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind words about the staff. We do cater to tour groups but during expected busy times we do allocate extra members of staff and appoint different areas for food service to alleviate any issues that might arise. I will certainly make sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Myself and my husband stayed overnight while we attended a wedding here. The hotel reception and bar area is lovely. All the staff were very pleasant.

Dinner was amazing. We both had lamb and it was to die for. Absolutely perfect.

Our room was lovely. Small but cosey and very clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a nice view.

The hotel itself is in a great location if your looking to explore Waterford City.

My only criticism would be the breakfast. We got up early for this but it was just edible. Nothing great about it. Very bland and bacon was like leather. This is the reason for one less star.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017

First of all I am delighted to hear that yourself and your partner enjoyed the wedding and the time you spent with us. Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear you both enjoyed your meal and that you felt comfortable during your stay. I'm surprised to hear your comments about the breakfast, we normally receive a lot of compliments about our breakfast offerings. I'm very sorry to hear it didn't live up to expectations. I will pass on your comments to the kitchen team, going forward. It's great to hear that you would stay again, I hope it's not too long before you and your partner return.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my family arrived to Waterford at around 1pm and we decided to eat here in the Granville Hotel. We have stayed here overnight a few times and it was absolutely wonderful the service was excellent. However today I received a raw dinner. Fortunately enough the staff was very considerate and helpful about it. They gave me a freshly cooked and properly cooked dinner without extra charge. As we spent the day in Waterford we came back to get dessert. I got a strawberry milkshake which was divine. The let down of a start of a day ended well ! I would recommend coming here, but don’t be afraid to speak up about any faults or difficulties because they are one of the nicest crowd of staff I have come across in a hotel/restaurant business like this

Stayed: April 2018