1,393 results
All reviews the river secure car park three star viking triangle crystal factory town centre lovely hotel cooked breakfast bar food full irish stayed one night bar staff bit dated evening meal would highly recommend this hotel friday night breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located , and is within easy walking distance. The rooms are clean and adequate . No air conditioning or fans in 30c weather was uncomfortable. The flippant, arrogant attitude of the staff was unacceptable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello Deborah,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor, unfortunately I can't agree with your description about my staff they do their very best to look after all of our guests especially those leaving at 6am. The Waterfront restaurant does not open until 7am and it is a self service buffet but with the early breakfasts we want to make it easier and quicker for you due to the early hour so we reserve and set the tables and put down tea/coffee/toast to start you all off - when a guest sits at an unreserved/unset table it means they have not cutlery/no coffee/no toast and they are spending time looking for same which leads to delays for them and ultimately their coach party, it also looks inefficient on our behalf. I apologise if we came across as being flippant and arrogant but we were trying to get your group in to enjoy their breakfast and therefore out together on time to meet your ferry.
Wishing you a safe journey home and hope you enjoyed your overall trip to Ireland.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This hotel is a lot better than the website suggests. First of all, the best customer service. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were lovely, from Michelle who we met on the first evening, to Helen who looked for matches for me and insisted on giving me her own lighter. Finally to Derek, the simply outstanding barman who gave excellent recommendations for places to visit and music to hear, and who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we had the best time in Waterford. A true professional. The hotel in on the river and a 5 minute walk from the centre of town. Beautiful views from the bedroom window of the river and the church, and comfortable generously sized rooms. I thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Tracey,
thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit to us and I will certainly pass on your lovely warm comments to Michelle, Helen and Derek who all do their very best to look after our guests and make them feel at home. We look forward to meeting you again on your return visit to Waterford and please contact the front office team directly to ensure they allocate you a riverview room to enjoy.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

The hotel is in a quiet corner of Waterford, but within walking distance to all the attractions. Our room was large and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. Breakfast was buffet style and very good. The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant, but is also near a number of restaurants and pubs. Reception staff were very friendly and check in was quick and easy. A great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darghan
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Hello Darghan, thankyou for sharing your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with TripAdvisor readers. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated by the team. We look forward to meeting you again on your next visit to Waterford, please contact our front office team to ensure they allocate you a similar riverview room.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The situation of this hotel could not have been better. We had one evening meal which was good but my pork was slightly overcooked. The rooms were clean and comfortable. All the restaurant and bar staff were so helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were good. Had an enjoyable stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello Margaret, I would like to thankyou for taking the time to write a great review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on TripAdvisor. We do indeed have a lovely location sitting on the banks of the River Suir and I have passed on your kind comments to the team. I'm delighted you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to meeting you again on your next visit to Waterford.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great. Nice short walk to town. The staff are exceptional so attentive and friendly in each and every department. Thumbs up to them. Everything is no problem, they are friendly and show genuine interest. Our room was river facing and really nice no complaints. Slept really well. Breakfast very high standard of quality ingredients great variety most enjoyable. Will most certainly return. Great price for a short break. I truly cannot compliment the staff enough. They make a great hotel simply perfect.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marybrenn

Hello Mary,
Thankyou so much for sharing your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with TripAdvisor readers. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and your lovely kind comments are very much appreciated by the team. We look forward to meeting you again soon and again my thanks for such a great review.
Warm regards