1,392 results
All reviews the river secure car park three star viking triangle crystal factory town centre lovely hotel cooked breakfast bar food full irish stayed one night bar staff bit dated evening meal would highly recommend this hotel hotel bar friday night
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Wonderful location - within walking distance of all the attractions. Generally, however, a bit dated and in need of a major spruce up. Food in the bar OK but breakfast good. Rooms were usual size and we had a good view over the river. Staff efficient and friendly.
Very reasonable B and B and one dinner rate. We were, however, kept awake from (very) early morning by something in the roof overhead (birds, rats?). Would probably go there again if in Waterford but not on top floor!.

Stayed: June 2018
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hello pacman Rutland,
Thankyou for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to read that you found our location ideal and our rooms a good size with friendly and efficient staff. I'm sorry about the early start, the dawn brings the birds (definitely not rodents) out in force and unfortunately they had taken a liking to a small section of the roof, we are currently working on this thankfully having some succcess.
I would be delighted if you chose to return to us in the future and if you contact our front office team directly they will certainly allocate you a riverview on one of the lower floors.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

stayed a night here during recent Ireland visit. A little hard to find as it is not quite in the best location. The advertising is almost deceptive (makes the hotel look much nicer than it really is). The rooms are large enough but the heating units were moldy and so were the bathrooms...
I will complement the bar.
Morning breakfast was fair, certainly not the best I had in Ireland but not bad either.
Would not return here. Would pay more to stay at a different hotel if I had to.

Room Tip: find one at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello soccerdad,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on TripAdvisor, I am sorry you found us a bit hard to find - Canada Street is on all the sat navs or for other readers coming down the quays turn left onto the dunmore road (following signs for hospital) and canada street is the 3rd left turn. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast but disappointed to see you would not stay with us again, I hope you can give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and please feel free to contact me directly if you are visiting Waterford again.
gm@waterfordmarinahotel.com
051-856600

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I had not appreciated when I booked this hotel how close it was to all the main attractions in Waterford. So it was an unexpected pleasure to be able to park up our car (in the hotels covered, gated car park) and walk everywhere we wanted to visit in the town over the following 2 days. The check-in staff were friendly and helpful, providing us with a free local map. Our room looked out right over the river so we were able to watch the herons and foxes on the opposite river bank as well as the comings and goings of the local boats. The bed was comfy and the bedroom provided adequate storage and facilities, which included a safe and trouser press. Breakfast was self-service (including the tea / coffee) and was ok but not exceptional. We had one evening dinner included as part of our 'package' which we took on our day of arrival. This was good quality and served by a very attentive waiter. The portion sizes were probably too large for me, so I declined my dessert, which was a shame as they all looked lovely. There was a drinks / snacks vending machine on our landing if I had fancied anything later.
We found that a coach party were staying at the same time as us. However, they were up, breakfasted and off site before we fully surfaced so caused us no issues. The bedroom proved to be well sound proofed as we were not disturbed by our early rising next-room neighbours. We will certainly return to this hotel if we ever revisit Waterford.

Room Tip: We were delighted with our riverside view which provided a good, quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hello SunseekerSaral,
Thankyou for sharing your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with TripAdvisor readers. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your time with us and I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review. I have posted up a copy for the team to see and most importantly we are all looking forward to meeting you again soon, please remember to contact the front office team directly and they will ensure you are allocated a riverview room.
Warm regards

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This has got to be the worst stay in Ireland! Let’s start with the restaurant. Took more than 1 and a half hour for main course to come out. Couldn’t get the drinks correct.
Towels in room was shedding fibers. Towel rack is broken. Holes in carpet.
The only plus, our room faces the river. Good view.
Please do not stay here or eat here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Godwell C
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear C Godwell,

Its not very often we get reviews like this and i would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us, unfortunately I can't find your name in our system to pinpoint the date of your visit as I would like to identify the room you stayed in and the night you ate to address the issues outlined with my team of managers.

We always do our very best to look after our guests hence the lack of similar reviews and I would like to take this opportunity to assure the many Tripadvisor readers - that in keeping with our good record and the team that have worked and will continue to work extremely hard to look after our guests - I encourage you to stay and eat with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel and be your own judge.

Thank you C Godwell for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel, feedback whether good or bad is always welcome as this is what we use to improve ourselves going forward.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

POSITIVE
The service is perfect, can not fault it, especially the barmen (if they ever want to work in New Zealand they will be snapped up for their service, respect, friendliness and of course their accent).

The room was very large and we had a view of the waterfront which was awesome. Television was weirdly small for the size of the room, but it wasn't a big issue, just saying. Free car park is perfect and nicely secure in a garage. The bathroom was also large, the shower pressure just right and a good flushing toilet.

In the restaurant for dinner, we had the Thai green chicken curry, plus haddock meal and both were very yummy and well cooked.

The free breakfast was plentiful and reasonably tasty, but pity the fried eggs were so fatty. Some cheese and meat would be good to add to it.

NEGATIVE
The bed was not that comfy, maybe a tad too hard, but okay for a couple of nights. The wifi was very weak in the room and even in bar when we tried there. Limited toilet paper was a bit of a nuisance, lucky we had one with us.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello MacDutch,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I was delighted to read your many positive comments about our hotel and have passed these on to all our departments to enjoy. with regards to the negatives I have taken them on board and addressed them individually with the team. Regarding the toilet paper, we have a cupboard full of it so I'm not sure why there wasn't sufficient supply left in your room and I apologise for that oversight.
Overall I am glad you had a good stay with no big issues and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again on your travels down around the South East again.