US$ 136
US$ 87
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

US$ 101
US$ 67
Portree House(Waterford)
TripAdvisor
1,349 results
All reviewsthe riversecure car parkthree starviking trianglecrystal factorytown centrelovely hotelbar foodcooked breakfaststayed one nightbar stafffull irishbit datedroom was spotlesswould highly recommend this hotelevening mealfriday night
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This has got to be the worst stay in Ireland! Let’s start with the restaurant. Took more than 1 and a half hour for main course to come out. Couldn’t get the drinks correct.
Towels in room was shedding fibers. Towel rack is broken. Holes in carpet.
The only plus, our room faces the river. Good view.
Please do not stay here or eat here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear C Godwell,

Its not very often we get reviews like this and i would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us, unfortunately I can't find your name in our system to pinpoint the date of your visit as I would like to identify the room you stayed in and the night you ate to address the issues outlined with my team of managers.

We always do our very best to look after our guests hence the lack of similar reviews and I would like to take this opportunity to assure the many Tripadvisor readers - that in keeping with our good record and the team that have worked and will continue to work extremely hard to look after our guests - I encourage you to stay and eat with us in the Waterford Marina Hotel and be your own judge.

Thank you C Godwell for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel, feedback whether good or bad is always welcome as this is what we use to improve ourselves going forward.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

POSITIVE
The service is perfect, can not fault it, especially the barmen (if they ever want to work in New Zealand they will be snapped up for their service, respect, friendliness and of course their accent).

The room was very large and we had a view of the waterfront which was awesome. Television was weirdly small for the size of the room, but it wasn't a big issue, just saying. Free car park is perfect and nicely secure in a garage. The bathroom was also large, the shower pressure just right and a good flushing toilet.

In the restaurant for dinner, we had the Thai green chicken curry, plus haddock meal and both were very yummy and well cooked.

The free breakfast was plentiful and reasonably tasty, but pity the fried eggs were so fatty. Some cheese and meat would be good to add to it.

NEGATIVE
The bed was not that comfy, maybe a tad too hard, but okay for a couple of nights. The wifi was very weak in the room and even in bar when we tried there. Limited toilet paper was a bit of a nuisance, lucky we had one with us.

Hello MacDutch,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in the Waterford Marina Hotel with Tripadvisor readers, I was delighted to read your many positive comments about our hotel and have passed these on to all our departments to enjoy. with regards to the negatives I have taken them on board and addressed them individually with the team. Regarding the toilet paper, we have a cupboard full of it so I'm not sure why there wasn't sufficient supply left in your room and I apologise for that oversight.
Overall I am glad you had a good stay with no big issues and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again on your travels down around the South East again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Checked in for one night, staff were polite and helpful but are let down by a hotel in need of a makeover, bed uncomfortable and very basic in decor. Breakfast lukewarm and of poor quality with limited selection.

Hello Deirdre,
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay at the Waterford Marina Hotel, however I am delighted to see that the team were polite and helpful to you during your one night with us.
I am a little bit surprised when you say breakfast has a limited selection as we have a wide and varied range of items on offer every morning - on display for our guests in the Waterfront Restaurant is a choice of 5 cereals plus porridge, 4 different juices, Coffee machine serving 5 types of coffee ranging from Americano to Latte plus a filter coffee flask beside it, 6 different teas (breakfast & herbal), fresh & tinned fruit, selections of yoghurt, 9 different items on the hot buffet (sausages, rashers, tomatoes, beans, black & white pudding, hash browns, fried & scrambled eggs) plus a bread basket beside the toaster which has white & brown bread, croissants & scones and the usual accompaniments (sweetener/jam/marmalade/honey/ketchup/brown sauce). Just to note that Special dietary items are available by asking a member of the team. Our policy is to greet and seat our guests on arrival to the breakfast room and introduce them to the layout - maybe we were not efficient enough doing that on your visit but I have spoken to my team to ensure going forward everyone knows where everything is.
I would hope you would give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves at some point in the future, we have a very good reputation for looking after our guests and I apologise for the shortcomings you experienced but I can assure you that on your next visit you will experience our usual high standard of care and attention.
thank you for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on Tripadvisor and please feel free to contact me directly to ensure we allocate you a nice river view room to enjoy.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Reason for 2 stars instead of 1 is that the staff was attentive at check in and with questions. My remainder of comments are: The message they emailed/sent me right after check-in to list their amenities stated that breakfast was free and they told us at check-in that it wasn't included and we had to pay 8 Euro per day per person! Next, our room has black mold in the bathroom in the shower/tub and around toilet. There is also red/brown mold on the tile in the bathtub and on the floor between toilet and floor. EWWW...And finally the bed is lumpy and you can literally feel the springs.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rdjbr5pettis2018
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Guest,
I'm very disappointed to read your review, as is the rest of my team. I would encourage our guests to confirm their rates on checkin with our front office team who explain the rate chosen by you when making your reservation, we always offer a reduced breakfast/dinner upgrade to guests who have chosen Room Only as their package. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings in your room and be assured I have addressed this with my accommodation manager.
Thankyou for taking the time to review the Waterford Marina Hotel on TripAdvisor but I would like to think you would give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Waterford where you will experience our usual high standard of care and attention.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My sister, 17 year old son and I stayed at the Waterford Marina Hotel last week. The location is within easy walking distance to the Viking Triangle, which includes the Waterford Crystal Factory. The room was quiet and we had a beautiful view of the water. It was especially enjoyable in the morning to watch the rowing teams taking off from the dock below for their practice. The buffet breakfast was very delicious and incredibly satisfying.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
WaterfordMarina, General Manager at Waterford Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Hello Paula, I really enjoyed reading
your lovely review for the Waterford Marina Hotel on TripAdvisor this morning. I'm delighted to se that you enjoyed all aspects of your family time with us and we are very lucky to be so close to the river as it brings all the activities right outside our window.
We hope to meet you all again soon and in the meantime wish you an enjoyable summer ahead.