“Wonderful time”
Review of Fabbrica

Fabbrica
Ranked #43 of 136 Restaurants in Sligo
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We wanted to go to Rugantino's which is next door, but they had no tables. Fabbrica looked smart and quite busy, so we decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed. The waiter came over straight away and we were seated near the bar next to a few other tables of diners. The decor was contemporary and there was a nice atmosphere.

The menu was quite extensive and there was a specials board too. My wife chose a seafood chowder to start, and I ordered the BBQ ribs. Both dishes were absolutely delicious, with the chowder very flavoursome with 2 massive langoustines in it! The ribs had an excellent taste. We both ordered paella as our main course and a bottle of the Italian Citra - their house wine. Again, we were very happy with our choices. The paella was beautifully cooked; plenty of chicken, seafood, chorizo, prawns and langoustines and well presented in a cast iron pan. The chilled white wine suited the seafood well.

The waiter came and topped up our water glasses and was attentive without being a nuisance. The meal came to €66 which was good value for the quality and quantity of food we were served. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the Mexican night here. Overall the food was really good but the chilli came without rice and whilst spicy was very thick and tasted similar to starters. Wine was excellent but expensive. Nice ambience and staff really attentive.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Did the Sunday dinner and enjoyed it , from the delicious soup starter to the Striploin steak. Whilst I am not a steak person I decided might give it a shot , and boy was I delighted , tender with lovely flavours and a pepper sauce rich in peppercorns . My partner had the Salmon and what a beautiful presentation with a lovely crust on top and no small cutlet either . The waiter was pleasant and not overpowering and on a chilly day it had a nice warm air blowing . Well worth a visit and located right in the heart of the town with views of the Garavogue river flowing by. The menu is broad ranging , whether starving or just looking for a quick bite .

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Went to Fabbrica on a Saturday evening and were able to get a table right away without reservation.

They have a good menu with lots of tasty options. We shared the Chicken Wings to start which were divine! I eat chicken wings regularly and found these particularly tasty, would definitely recommend. My only regret is sharing a portion...

For my main I had a Pulled Pork dish which was very tasty, with chips. My Girlfriend went for a pizza which I also tried and enjoyed.

For dessert I had the Frogole E Panna which is similar to a Strawberry Eton Mess, very creamy and tasty.

Overall a lovely dinner, relatively good value and good service. Would recommend.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We went in here by accident as it was nearly 8pm and had the kids with us and didn't like to bring them into a pub for food. So really happy that we went into this place as it was great, the food was delicious, the staff friendly and child friendly. Will definitely be back and will spread the word