“top class”

Westport Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 31 May 2012

we stayed at the plaza hotel as a hen party. the service was excellent, the rooms and food was faultless. All the staff were really helpful one of the party lost her phone in the niteclub and the girl on reception retrieved it for her. Everyone really enjoyed the weekend and then a few weeks ago they sent me a voucher for E75 to spend in the hotel so thank you very much good job!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Westport Plaza along with its sister hotel the Castle Court Hotel comprises one of the most impressive properties of any location we saw in Ireland. The rooms are more than spacious and the breakfast is generous. The staff are extremely accomodating and onsight parking was provided free of charge. We had planned on staying at a different property and at the urging of a local stayed at the Plaza....a decision which we were extremely pleased with! Our room had a sitting room large bath room, 2 balconies and a king bed. The room overlooked the central courtyard separating the 2 hotels and included a 50+" plasma tv in one room and a wall mounted plasma in the bedroom area.

If you get the opportunity to stay here you won't be disappointed! It is a great value for the room and ammenities.

Room Tip: balcony rooms are available and facing the courtyard was a nice touch
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cuhint
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed at the Westport Plaza hotel as part of a large group recently. The hotel itself is very impressive and the rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were so comfortable. The staff were so accomdating and helpful to us from the moment that we arrived. The food in the hotel is delicious also and the service was excellent. Some of us used the spa facilities and were very impressed! All of our group were delighted with the the friendly reception that we got and we will definately be back to visit the Westport plaza again soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clare3080
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have stayed in plaza a few times one of the main reasons for my return was the staff of the plaza and the food in the Merlot restaurant. I was really disappointed with last visit. Went with family and friend. 1st off our sink was blocked and vomit and other strange things came up from sink when we used it. We were offered another much smaller room but due to it been late at night we chose not to change. 2 nd our safe was broken and as 2 girls we could not reach the safe I am 5.7ft. Our television was tiny for size of room and if lying in bed could not see the screen. The merlot restaurant quality of food as bombed. Dinner on Sunday was pure dreadful. 2nd night I went for the fillet steak 10 euro extra. All 6 of us were disappointed with starters and main course even dessert. The spa was very busy especially thermal suite. Friend and I used the private rasual chamber which has no locks and women and men kept coming in while we were using it. May i add that we were pretty naked. So that was not an enjoyable or relaxing experience. two showers are only available so we shared a shower that had no shower gel or shampoo. All in all was very disappointed with stay and was embarrassed as it was my friends first time there and I have raved about it. But food was soooooo bad I wont be back neither will any of the family who have stayed on numerous occasions.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MacGalway_Ireland
JohnClesham, Manager at Westport Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Guest ,

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us . However I can assure all our guests that at all times we endeavour to ensure that our guests enjoy all aspects of their stay. We are very much aware that people do have high expectations and we always aim to meet or exceed these.
I have noted your comments regarding our restaurant. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your views in more detail . It is standard policy for our restaurant people to check on every table to ensure that guests are enjoying their meal and in the unlikely event of a problem our team are trained to resolve any such matter immediately.
I apologise for the maintenance issues that you mentioned and will make sure that they are addressed as a priority.
I hope that in time you may be willing to return to us if coming to Westport again in the future. Please contact me personally should this be the case as I would greatly value an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.
Yours sincerely
John Clesham

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Spent 3 nights in the Westport Plaza and couldn’t fault the hotel. Beautiful, spacious rooms with the most comfortable bed. The staff were friendly, especially Kasia at reception, she was genuinely bubbly and helpful. I also recommend the SPA, the staff were great and the facilities first class - loved the outdoor rock pool. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple