“Fantastic Indian”

Garam Masala Indian
Ranked #45 of 132 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

It's a while since I had an Indian locally. There are three in the town and I must admit this place takes some beating. The restaurant is very clean, the seating is very comfortable. The staff for my first visit are very kind and helpful. Parking for me was plentyfull in the area. I had chicken tikka for starters excellent. For mains I had chicken madras., It was a perfect heat. The pilau rice was fluffy and the smell was sheer delight. I had a keema naan as a side, beautiful. Price is very competitive. If you spend over 50 euro they throw in a bottle of wine, I don't think there is another restaurant so generous. Keep it up people, you offer a great experience in eastern cooking. I will be back. Superb.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

First time visit here with my husband on Friday night. Place was very quiet around 730. Had the tandoori meat platter to share. Really good. Nice portion size. I had the chicken Korma for main. Yummy. Not too creamy just prefect. My husband had the beef balti. Pilau rice & garlic naan with a few cobra and tiger beers finished it all off. Decor is totally dated but certainly wouldn't put me off going again.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Usually order a korma after a few pints of plain and let me tell you theirs nothing lovelier in the morning then a Korma/Guinness poo.........could do with selling pints though.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I love Garam Masala as it is the closest take on Authentic Indian food. The Restaurant itself is usually very busy so maybe best to ring ahead and reserve, but their Take away food is without a doubt The Best Indian in Drogheda, if not Co. Louth. The starters are delicious and very like what Indian street food is about. The curries are all uniquely flavoured and prepared Fresh, using fresh ingredients. I order from here once a week and the consistent Good quality Indian food keeps us coming back.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Loved this place. As soon as we went in a very pleasant waitress brought us to a table and sorted menus and drinks straight away. I had a butter chicken, which was really lovely. The garlic naan was really nice with it.
Special praise is due for the young blonde female waitress who looked after us. She seemed to be simultaneously looking after the takeaway part as well so she was busy. But she even thought to bring us a fan, as it was a very hot evening. Really fantastic service and we’ll definitely be back.

Date of visit: July 2018