“Great craic with fun locals”
Review of Darby O'Gills - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Darby O'Gills
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Tried this place for lunch because of the movie connection. I had a beef wrap. Yummy. While looking for a pub later that night, my daughter heard Galway Girl floating out of Darby O'Gills so we just had to stop in for a pint. Great music, more fun locals. We'll be bringing our friends back tomorrow night!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a fan of the famous movie I had no choice but to go straight here for dinner when we visited Drogheda. A nice warm feeling with pleasant and friendly staff. The food was served quick and delicious. The price was quite reasonable and it was lovely to sit and enjoy the novelty Darby O'Gill decor and movie playing on the tv. Bathrooms were nice and clean. It was a perfect stop on our trip. I would definitely go again.

2  Thank luvbitesnbruises
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Theres nothing I don't like about Darby OGills,its nice for Breakfast and Lunch prices are fair not to pricey

2  Thank shasha_b
Reviewed 1 October 2013

on my birthday we went to darby ogills and we wernt dissapointed the owner and local people were so friendly and the music was the best entertainment iv heard in along time will defnitly be back

1  Thank brenda m
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I made an unscheduled visit to Drogheda for the last two nights of my three weeks in Ireland. I wanted to be close to Dublin for my flight back to the States on Christmas Eve afternoon. I found it on the map and headed there from Enniskillon on the 22nd.
What a nice city! Found a perfect B&B and started walking, exploring, talking to local folks. Went into a pub on that street where the Laurence Centre is located and started chatting with the barkeeper who introduced me to a local artist, Mike, who in turn invited me to meet him and a friend over at Darby O'Gillis. There was traditional music, good drink, and a lively holiday atmosphere. About 11:00 an anemic Santa came in and one of his elves grabbed a guitar and went crazy! No, he didn't hurt anyone. But it was a riot!
The kitchn was closed so I came back the next morning (with a slight hangover) for breakfast. It was rather tasty.
Made new friends, had good drinks and food, and felt at home. What else can you say? Great establishment.

3  Thank Traveler_jd59