2,197 results
All reviews abbey river bar and grill great hotel superior room modern hotel within walking distance city centre king john's castle secure parking hunt museum car park hotel restaurant spacious rooms great room buffet style both nights top class
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. The room I had was lovely it had a nespresso machine,a kettle and each day fresh bottled water was left in the room. The bed was comfortable, the room was large and there was also a large tv.
Breakfast was great it is self service but you can order eggs, French toast etc.

Hotel is walking distance from city and there is free parking. I will definitely be back.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank penelope2012
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I booked a family event with stayover and dinner in the restaurant for the girls Confirmation last Thursday...Faultless!!!

From booking the event with Haley, smooth checkin and were upgraded to superior rooms ...Yippee...(the rooms were spotless!)... when the girls entered their room a welcome treat awaited them and a note wishing them an enjoyable day...what a thoughtful and nice touch and as such set the tone for the day...

Dinner was 3 course, from starter to desserts and those amazingly big yorkshire puddings...dinner was simply yummy!!...chicken with leeks and snickers desserts are must haves...Aurelius and Lynda looked after our party in the restaurant, they were both efficient, chatty and very helpful and in reality puts the hospitable into the hospitality industry...5* Star Service...simply unbeatable

We had toasties (much later on I might add) in the foyer area and Aislinn was very helpful with same and booking taxis for family members travelling home...breakfast was yummy...pancake maker a firm hit with the girls...

This hotel is simply a must if looking for somewhere to book an event...it is a well oiled machine and its the staff, from planning to execution that make it so...I would highly recommend this hotel.......Well Done to Absolute Staff, you made the day so special...5* star

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Have been here 6 nights in the past month and suitably impressed
Friendly staff with nice business size rooms and large bathroom.the restaurant was excellent value and food good quality.
Breakfast was great with lots of choice and all eggs cooked to your liking , not pre cooked .
Only negative is park early ....the carpark is tiny...maybe 20 spots for a large hotel .

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Hi stayed here in April 2018 with my partner.

First off, easy parking which was great

The girl at the reception was very nice which makes such a difference in these big hotels.

We staying in a suite, which had a great view of the river. The room was well equipped and was really clean.

We got drinks from the bar brought up, these were quick and the waitress was so nice.

That evening we went for food in the hotel resturant, great staff again, and the food is probably the best we've ever had in a hotel we were staying in.

Even the next morning, when I left my keys behind, the cleaner was running down the stairs after me!!! The staff couldnt do enough...

Will be back again..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel as a Birthday/Anniversary treat for me and my Hubby, with a chance to catch-up with family too.
We absolutely loved it. I'd emailed to say we could only check-in after 10pm because of our flight...and from start to finish, it was perfect.
We found all staff very friendly and helpful (with no exception) and a credit to the hotel. The hotel's decor was lovely. Our room overlooking the Abbey River was huge and stunning, with everything we could possibly need... from coffee maker, to toiletries, to hairdryer and iron. We had a few drinks in the Bar, and enjoyed the Breakfast during our stay.
We had time to visit St Mary's Cathedral, King John's Castle, The People's Park, and have our family catch-up with a lovely Thai meal in Limerick town centre, a walk along the Quayside with a few Guinness along the way... all within walking distance from the hotel.
We'd love to return and have already recommended. Thankyou...

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple