“Excellent service and food! :)”

Brimstone Steakhouse Bar & Grill
Ranked #39 of 341 Restaurants in Limerick
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 41
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the most amazing and unique cocktails downstairs at the beautiful FIRE Cocktail Bar before you head upstairs to enjoy the stunning views overlooking the Shannon at Brimstone. Enjoy the widest variety of steaks in Limerick, carefully selected from local craft butchers and prepare for one of the tastiest experiences of your life. At Brimstone we specialise in freshness and taste. Every dish from appetizer to dessert will set your pallet alight. #EatDrinkChill #InfuseTheNight
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My frend and I had a dinner meal in Brimstone last month. It was our first time eating in this place. I must say the food quality was wonderful and the waitress that served us was great too. The atmosphere was quiet and not too busy, which I really liked. The menu prices were reasonable enough as well.

1  Thank Elaine C

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant 3 times since it opened and once was enough for me 2 consecutive visits were not by my design.
For a steakhouse their steak is not at all good. It failed on all 3 visits and i would not be recommending this restaurant to anybody.

Brimstone_Steakhouse, Owner at Brimstone Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Kaoife,

Thank you for your feedback. Our steaks are something we pride ourselves on and all our staff work very hard behind the scenes to make sure every customer that comes in has only the best. Our steaks are hand picked, rubbed, vacuum packed and aged. We have won numourous awards for our process and have received pluadits from high end food critics regarding them. I am sorry you feel you have to slate us from your visits and your personal choices regarding either cut or cooking of the steaks. We stand by our steaks and stand by that they are one of the best in the city if not country. We will continue to only serve the best and all feedback critical, constructive & positive are always looked at.

Again thank you for your visits, hope you have a pleasant day.

Regards

Keith Hennessy

Award winning Chef & Food columnist

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I attended brimstone last week in a large group of 40 for a surprise party . We had a prosecco reception while waiting on the couple the party was for . Once we were all seated our orders were taken , which all came promply after . I had the goats cheese starter which was delicious , small serving but then it is a starter portion :) . At our table others got the beef carpaccio and they said it was very tasty , it was clean plates all round. Our mains were equally tasty ,i had the veggie curry it was scrumpious. Also at my table was the half roast chicken which was well presented and lovely .
Desserts which is obviously the most important course was exciting as all desserts on the menu were good but i went with the creme brulee , whilst it wasnt set it wasnt a let down as it was so damn tasty i very happily ate every spoonful. I also had a sneaky taste of the apple and nut crumble with ice cream :). Yup that was good too .
At this point i have to mention keith and every single member of staff ,each and every one more helpful than the next ! It was my first time to eat in brimstone and i cant wait to go again very soon ! Keep up the good work . Ooh very clean bathrooms too

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an early evening meal on Saturday evening, choosing from the early evening 3 course menu .. service was very good with the restaurant manager & waiting staff very welcoming & pleasant.. menu was varied with plenty of options.. had the ribs/ribeye/creme brûlée.. very good with steak cooked to order.. happy to recommend

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Used to always go here and it was always amazing, the past three times I have visited the food hasn’t been nice at all. Just last week I had the potato skins that came with no pulled pork even though it was on the menu that it came with pulled pork. My main the pasta was horrible the tomato sauce was very watery and too sweet. My partner had the ribs(2 single ribs with barely enough sauce) and the half chicken with about 7 sweet potato fries. Would not recommend the brimstone anymore the food quality had dropped tremendously.