I have stayed here maybe 5-7 times over the past 2 years altogether maybe 50 nights.
The ++ of this hotel are:
- Location, nicely put next to the river, with a nice view and just a short walk to the city center
- People working there are very nice and helpful
- One of very few hotels in Limerick that is part of the chain (for those that collect points)
The -- of this hotel are:
- Very bad breakfast. I travel a lot and this is one of the worst (selection and quality) I have seen
- The TVs in the room are CRT, so those big ones that people used to have 10 years ago. Again, all hotels I have stayed have LCDs except this one
- Hotel rooms are very average
- Parking is in the next parking house which does not belong to the hotel (although they have a deal with them), which is just not as comfortable as if it would be part of complex (had some difficulties with parking cards)
- Whatever is next to the hotel (some huge piles of iron) just does not look nice, but hotel rooms are position opposite way...
I would stay here again, but it is mostly because of lack of better choices (based on what I heard) rather than loving this hotel. However, having said that, it is a good average hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Irelands Tallest Hotel. 4* Hotel with 158 Riverside Bedrooms located in Limerick City Centre. Full leisure centre, 15 minutes from Shannon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Clayton Hotel Limerick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Limerick
- Limerick Clarion