“Tasty Takeaway”

Lohs Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 255 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: At Loh's Restaurant we continually strive to meet the standards that ensure we are HAACP compliant. We use only 100% Irish beef from traceable suppliers. We specialise in Chinese Cuisine through a takeaway, delivery and dine in service. Our extensive menu ensures that there is something for everyone and we cater for most dietary requirements. Should you require a meal that is oil free, dairy free, egg free, gluten free etc; please ask a member of staff for assistance. We cater for large group bookings for our dine in service and also have excellent value party trays for if you are catering for a large group at home! Should you fancy a night out, keep in mind our cosy and relaxed restaurant with 2 course menus starting from just €15.00 and a 'bring your own bottle' policy that ensures an excellent value, excellent quality Chinese cuisine dining experience!
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I finally got around to trying this restaurant. I got a takeaway delivered on August 29. I saw a few reviews which said there was long waiting times for delivery. I was delighted when my ordered was delivered hot, fresh and really tasty within 35 minutes. The food was very nice. We ordered 1 x Skewered Chicken Satay,1 x Mixed Platter For 2 People,1 x Prawn Crackers, 1 x Crispy Shredded Chicken and 1 x Chicken with Kung Po Sauce. Everything was fresh. The mixed platter had nice choice. The ribs had loads of meat, the spring rolls were nice. The chicken skewers were lovely and I asked for sauce on the side and we got this. A nice takeaway which I will use again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

There are Chinese restaurants and there's Lohs. While walking through the Kilkenny downtown area we had grown our appetite potato to a whole new level. We cab driver suggested we goto Lohs and here we were. The lady at the front desk (a part owner I was given to understand) was very cordial and welcomed us with some Chinese herbal tea, perfect for a cold evening.
We ordered two glasses of Australian Chardonnay that was just the right temperature and dry crisp taste.The ambiance and mild pipe music helped drive our travel fatigue away. We then got our mains with chicken stir fried in hot sauce and rice and noodles on the sides. We Indians like our food with a hint of spice n chilly and Lohs was spot on in offering that taste to us. We ate as if there was no tomorrow and although it was closing time the staff was patient in offering us any desserts options for our already sweet experience. They have fairly good serving portions so be sure on your appetite before you order.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I've not eaten here but it's my take away of choice in Kilkenny City. menu is good and the prices are much the same as the rest. Spare ribs are very good

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend the night after St. Patricks day as we need a treat after all that drinking and plus we didn't have much money leftover. We came here before on another visit to Kilkenny 2 years ago so we knew the food was nice. We shared our starters of chicken satay skewers and BBQ ribs which were both delicious. The main course I choose was shredded chicken in sweet chili sauce and it was nice but my hangover got the best of me and all I could eat was the vegetables in it which I was asked did I want some so I'm glad I said yes. We both got half and half which is half chips and half fried rice. The Waitress wasn't all that friendly or chatty which was disappointing because I use to work in a Chinese restaurant myself and I was always up to getting to know the costumers and where they were from. Very centre location with good value for money food. I would go back and I would recommend.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

satay sauce to die for :) reminds me of ming court. dont usually review but had too cause its delish x

1  Thank Gillioc