2,824 results
All reviews la perla tuppers bar thai restaurant yindees restaurant thermal suite oasis spa hydrotherapy pool old house executive room afternoon tea turn down service relaxation room lovely grounds main restaurant beautiful hotel spa treatments health club
Reviewed 18 May 2018

A beautiful hotel in lovely settings. Very nice staff, room gorgeous thanks to a complimentary update so was thoroughly spoilt. Didn't use the spa facilities but went out for walks instead.

Food in the restaurant upstairs was lovely and priced well too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RangeRoverBabe
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Patricia and I stayed for 2 nights in the Lyrath Estate Hotel in Kilkenny (14&15th)
We had two nights B&B and one evening meal and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Beds turned down for us in the evening was a real experience that we never had before.
Food fantastic morning and evening, also I had the chance to have a massage in the Spa which was really enjoyable. Jessica was the Person who gave me the Massage and she has a terrific pair of hands. No pain no gain. All the staff were very accommodating from the reception and all through our stay.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was perfect for us.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liam G
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I stayed there with my daughter 30/3 as a "special" treat for her. Reception service was excellent but thereafter....bedroom had no fridge, carpet badly faded with spotted stains. Went to bar for light snack, bottle of white wine was tepid, service slow, presented with frozen chips which were overlooked and no flavour, had to ask for condiments. Went to spa for booked treatments which were ok. The dressing gown was far too small, back massage good, facial very poor, in the relaxation area after treatments all flowers on display were dead, about 6 vases. Went for booked afternoon tea. The service was appalling, no fault of the waitress but understaffed. The quality and taste is of food was average. Reservation for dinner at 8.30 in The Grill. Extremely and uncomfortably hot upstairs. Service very slow, food was very good. No bathroom facilities in this large area, you had to go downstairs. After dinner went to Tuppers Bar. No table service provided, dirty tables with empty glasses, bar service very slow. During this time between 10.15 and 10.45 pm children were running around in the adjoining foyer making a lot of noise which was a common feature during our stay. Went to bed disgruntled, sleep was good. Next morning my daughter went to use the pool but only stayed a short while due to the noise and screaming of children. Breakfast, food was good, service poor. A lot of faults with service, noisy with clanging of delph and staff talking about upcoming holiday in Ibiza. Check out very efficient, we were glad to leave at 11.45. This was not a cheap break. Overall there was a lack of friendliness by staff, little smiling and did not appear happy in their work and seemed to lack supervision/leadership. I sent an email of complaint on 3/4 and was advised the relevant party would revert to me regarding the issues I had raised ( all of the above). I asked for the General Manager to respond to me. As I received no contact, I emailed the GM on 11/4 for a response to my email of 3/4 and again on 17/4. Following this I received a mail from him which by the way did not include any form of apology other than to say he had been on holidays for the last week and that "we" would revert in the coming days. On 19/4 I received an email from the Director of Operations not the GM. It was apologetic but didn't address the actual issues raised and I found it somewhat condescending when it stated "it is a great complement to us when our patrons take the time and trouble to comment" etc. I spent a long time considering whether to provide this review and the reason I decided to write such a lengthy review is to inform future guests of what to expect and to know this is certainly by no stretch and of the imagination a 5* hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank doloresfmolloy1
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Wow. Had the absolute pleasure of making a last minute booking for the Lyrath Estate Hotel. From the initial phone call of making the reservation you knew you were going to enjoy it. A beautiful location it was very surprising how big the hotel is because on driving up it has the feel of a country house. Plenty of enjoyable walk ways through the gardens. Where two of the most beautiful dogs lay in wait to be cuddled. (Picture enclosed) The receptionist was so helpful and pleasant. There are no shortage of comfortable seating throughout the lobby area which is open airy and bright. Our room was perfect. As a woman my pet hate is lack of lighting when your doing your makeup. Not here plenty of perfect lighting, mirrors, wardrobe hanging space, Nespresso coffee machine, fridge, well appointed bathroom the list goes on. We had light lunch in the bar where we had the joy of being served by Jessica. What a wonderful server she is so professional and friendly giving time to a small child seated behind us a keeper for sure. I had the caeser salad with prawns yum!! Evening meal in La Perlal was even better and if possible the staff went up a notch. The guys were the icing on the cake. The meal was perfect in everyway. They obviously enjoy their work. Breakfast again in la perla, what a delightful spread of freshly baked breads pastries, cereals, juices the hot buffet freshly replenished and hot. My only let down was i had hoped to be able to have a few treatments in the spa but were booked up. Hope to rectify this on my next visit. To anyone thinking of making a booking do not hesitate you will not be disappointed. But through all of it the staff are the jewel in this crown. Thank you all very much for an enjoyable and relaxing break away. It'll definitely be a longer stay the next time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magstk
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We booked the weekend stay with dinner, cinema night, thermal suite and afternoon tea for 4 friends. It's was a lovely stay overall. Very relaxing and exactly what we were looking for. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms beautiful, and the food delicious for our dinner.
However, I was a bit put out by the Lyrath claiming that they had animal welfare as a priority on their bathroom products, yet they served foie gras in the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends