“Great spot”

The Laurels B & B Kilkenny
Ranked #15 of 73 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
“Great spot”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Just back form staying in The Laurels.We attended a wedding at the hotel acorss the roundabout and as the hotel was full we were given a recommendation for The Laurels.We were staying for two nights and as the wedding was Friday I asked Brian to leave breakfast on saturday morning,and not to even clean the room as we were planning a late one.We were not disturbed at all,and the room was even cleaned late that evening.Breakfast was spot on and we thouroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend staying here to anyone.

Joe and Donna O'Reilly

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, me and my boyfriend have no complaints at all, Brian was very nice & helpful, lovely breakfast, comfortable beds and clean in general, good location, would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2012

A group of us stayed here for a hen night last weekend. I have stayed here before as I attend the Cat Laughs festival in Kilkenny and when I was left to organise my friends hen night I choose Kilkenny. I booked 4 rooms with either 2/3 girls per room. Again I have to say I found The Laurels to be a great location, good value for money and the warm friendly arrival I have experienced in the past.

Brian the owner did explain to us on arrival that to be mindful of other guest when we were coming in at night time, and to enjoy ourselves. I didn't mind the comment as a lot of places refuse to accept hen parties, even though most of them are very respectable parties.

We were offered breakfast anytime up ton10am and then given plenty of time to shower and get ready after that, we didn't check out until nearly 1pm.

Kilkenny I have to say was excellent for a hen night, as it was central to Dublin for a one night event, lots of restaurants to choose from and great pubs. We shopped the day we arrived and found it quite good considering we are used to Dublin.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are worth requesting.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2011

"We booked into The Laurels B&B on the 17th of October, 2011 for a 2 night stay. We were warmly greeted & Our room was presented right away. The proximity is spot on for Kilkenney & touring the town & Castle as well as savoring the flavor of the restaurants & the the People of the town. Our breakfast was delicious and The Laurels B&B had a Peaceful Feel all throughout this Home. Like visiting Dear Friends & exchanging pleasantries along with helpful tips & lots of laughter. A very Pleasant experience!
Love Always & Forever,
L.A.A.F.
Pat Timmermans...Purveyor of "Endless Possibilities!"

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Hi,

Stayed in the Laurels B&B recently as I had to attend a wedding across the road. I must admit I was surprised by the last comment as I found the owners whom I met on arrival to be very hospitable. They were very friendly and only too keen to give me much needed information on Kilkenny and the surrounding areas.

The B&B itself was very clean with all modern decor. Rooms were bright and cheerful. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever tasted. The owners were quite okay with me coming back and forth to the B&B throughout the night,

Overall, a great choice for accommodation in Kilkenny. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks,