“Lovely cottage in tranquil surroundings”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Molassy Cottage

Rear Garden
Garden
Kilkenny Castle
St. Canices Church & Round Tower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Geoff B
“Lovely cottage in tranquil surroundings”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This is a lovely thatched cottage which feels as if it's in the middle of nowhere - when you're there you feel as if you're alone on the planet. Yet there's a good sized town with supermarkets and restaurants only a couple of kilometres away.
I spent ten days here and loved every minute. It's beautifully tranquil, with just you and the birds to listen to. The cottage itself is very well equipped, and the two wood stoves warm the place up nicely, even in a chilly April. There's also central heating if you prefer.
Kilkenny with all its history is half an hour up the road, and within an easy hour's drive you've got Cashel, Waterford and Clonmel, making this a great base for exploring from.
Breda is a helpful and attentive hostess, without being intrusive.
All in all, very good and highly recommended

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
guillermo...
Frankfurt, Germany
“authentic Ireland”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

I spent a week-end with my holders at Molassy Cottage. The cottage is a short ride from Kilkenny. This place offers many opportunities to experience the Irish nature. My holders could walk me trough the neighbourhood or let me walk loose trough the fresh grass. The cottage offered all comfort for me and my holders. I could observe my holders beeing relaxed and very satisfied with the interior and they seemed to have slept very well, given their satistaction. We left the cottage with a big smile and I hope they will take me back to this lovely location.

Zico, one of Ireland's finest dogs..

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Nikkos75
Paris, France
“A typical cottage in the irish campaign”
Reviewed 31 January 2016 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

If you are looking for a relaxing and calm place for you and your family, stop ! Molassy Cottage is for you !
The cottage is well equipped and has everything for a perfect stay.
My young children enjoyed a lot the garden and the different games available in the cottage. I and my wife liked the comfortable living room after the day visiting the surroundings.
The cottage is very well located near a little village (oil station, supermarket) and not too far from Kilkenny.
In addition the owner (Breda M.) is charming and very attentioned !
Try it ! You do not regret!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: le calme, le confort
Liked least: la recharge internet
Travelling group: En famille avec jeune(s) enfant(s)
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
EssieMcG
Sheffield, Australia
“Perfect country escape close to gorgeous town”
Reviewed 8 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My partner and I stayed along with our 3.5 year old son. It was such a great place to stay with everything we needed. Breda has done a wonderful job with the place. Very well equipped, even down to toys and DVDs for children. We loved the privacy of our own gorgeous traditional cottage and garden but at a mere 15 minute drive to Kilkenny town. We had planned to do several days trips but loved the area so much we stayed locally and enjoyed the sites to see around the county.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved everything, very homely
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
rebecca G
Chester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Cottage, lovely surroundings excellent host”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Although it has taken me a few months to finally write this review (I emailed Breda personally to express my grattitude) I would like to start by saying just how much trouble Breda went to to make our stay perfect. Putting up a Christmas tree and decorations for my arrival with my 2 children and meeting me immediately on arrival after a long journey. Ensuring WI-FI was active for the teenager which always makes things easier and providing us with some essential supplies in our welcome basket. The cottage itself is beautiful and the surroundings are lovely and quiet, which made for a peaceful Christmas break. Ideally located for myself as I have family in tipperary and Kilkenny. I can't express my thanks enough and I look forward to staying again and I would highly recommend!

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing