“A typical cottage in the irish campaign”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Molassy Cottage

Rear Garden
Garden
Kilkenny Castle
St. Canices Church & Round Tower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Nikkos75
Paris, France
“A typical cottage in the irish campaign”
Reviewed 31 January 2016 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

If you are looking for a relaxing and calm place for you and your family, stop ! Molassy Cottage is for you !
The cottage is well equipped and has everything for a perfect stay.
My young children enjoyed a lot the garden and the different games available in the cottage. I and my wife liked the comfortable living room after the day visiting the surroundings.
The cottage is very well located near a little village (oil station, supermarket) and not too far from Kilkenny.
In addition the owner (Breda M.) is charming and very attentioned !
Try it ! You do not regret!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: le calme, le confort
Liked least: la recharge internet
Travelling group: En famille avec jeune(s) enfant(s)
Your age range 35-49
EssieMcG
Sheffield, Australia
“Perfect country escape close to gorgeous town”
Reviewed 8 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My partner and I stayed along with our 3.5 year old son. It was such a great place to stay with everything we needed. Breda has done a wonderful job with the place. Very well equipped, even down to toys and DVDs for children. We loved the privacy of our own gorgeous traditional cottage and garden but at a mere 15 minute drive to Kilkenny town. We had planned to do several days trips but loved the area so much we stayed locally and enjoyed the sites to see around the county.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved everything, very homely
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
rebecca G
Chester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Cottage, lovely surroundings excellent host”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Although it has taken me a few months to finally write this review (I emailed Breda personally to express my grattitude) I would like to start by saying just how much trouble Breda went to to make our stay perfect. Putting up a Christmas tree and decorations for my arrival with my 2 children and meeting me immediately on arrival after a long journey. Ensuring WI-FI was active for the teenager which always makes things easier and providing us with some essential supplies in our welcome basket. The cottage itself is beautiful and the surroundings are lovely and quiet, which made for a peaceful Christmas break. Ideally located for myself as I have family in tipperary and Kilkenny. I can't express my thanks enough and I look forward to staying again and I would highly recommend!

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Kathryn M
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cottage in peaceful surroundings”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay in this cottage in it`s lovely country setting. I came with my husband and 20 year old son. My husband has two sisters in Ireland along with aunts and cousins that he wanted to visit. This cottage was a great place to stay while we planned our journeys and Breda was very welcoming and helpful. The cottage is in a lovely setting and the garden at rear is lovely and big for the family who has young children. Although we came in September, we didn`t need to light the wood burners as it always was warm enough with the heating from the radiators. Highly recommended!

Liked best: surroundings
Longfield, United Kingdom
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked to stay at Molassy Cottage as it was in the ideal location for our stay in the Kilkenny/Tipperary areas and the reviews were very positive. When we arrived, not only was it in the perfect place for us but the great reviews were more than justified.

The very rural surroundings are quiet and peaceful and just a couple of miles away is the small town of Callan for all that we wanted. It's a friendly little town. The only thing that we needed was food as the cottage has everything else on hand for a family stay. It also has a large well maintained grass garden. For chilly nights, there are log fires to watch as well as the central heating. A lovely cottage holiday retreat indeed.

That it's this good is no surprise when you meet up with Breda who runs it all. A welcoming and friendly lady and nothing is too much trouble for her. She is the perfect host.

Will we go back again? You bet!! As often as we can. Very many thanks.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing