We booked a family room for 2 adults and 2 children for 2 nights B&B and 1 dinner. We had stayed here previously in 2007.
I have to say that the place has gone severely downhill.
We checked in dealing with pleasant reception staff, thats where the niceness ended!
The room was dreary and had a musty smell.
The net curtains on the windows were a grey colour. the armchair had a white milk-like stain on it.
The door handle was coming loose with a sharp edge.
The window had black mildew at the edges.
The bathroom tap was broken
The toilet seat was broken and stained.
The light over the sink was cracked.
There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling.
I said nothing to my wife about any of this and we headed into town for a few hours. Later we went to the bar. The bar is okay but needs a renovation.
I went to use the gents toilets at about 8.30 pm and I was met with the stench of urine. The place was absolutley filthy. There was tissues on the floor. Crisp packets on the floor and soggy bear mats around the sink. There was a puddle of urine under each urinal and the floor was stained from urine.
I looked at the cleaning schedule to find it was last cleaned at 07.30 am ( Approx 13 hours ago)
So I went to the reception to notify the staff. ( assuming it would be sorted)
I visited the toilets again at 10.20 pm to discover to my horror that the place was not cleaned. I went back to reception and asked for the manager. The night manager accompanied me to the toilets. His reaction said it all - He put his hand over his nose and mouth because of the smell.
He apoligised and said it would be cleaned straight away.
I went back to the bar to see the the barman go to the toilets with a spray and cloth from behind the bar to clean the toilets. - That was the last straw!
At 0800 am I checked out of the dump after complaining to the general manager . He did not charge for the nights stay in fairness but I would expect that.
We checked into the River Court Hotel in central Kilkenny - A spotless pleasure.
See the pics for yourself.
If you like living in smelly filth then go ahead! your choice. But what are the kitchens like?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the 3 star Newly Refurbished Springhill Court Hotel Kilkenny your break begins from the moment you leave home. Set out on your journey stress free knowing that we are easily accessible, have ample free car parking on site and complimentary wifi. The Springhill Court Hotel in Kilkenny is one of the best known hotels and if it is Kilkenny hotels you are looking for then look no further! Once you have arrived in Kilkenny City you can begin to enjoy our superb hotel facilities which include Lavender Spa, Kupp Coffee Dock, Leisure Club, Image Hair Salon, Oscars Restaurant, popular Paddock Bar, new Children's Playground and Lenny Lion's Kids Club which operates during all school holidays. Friendly, efficient staff are at your disposal for the duration of your stay. We pride ourselves on our standards of service and customer care, many guests return time and again to soak up the genuine, friendly atmosphere that prevails at the Springhill Court Hotel Kilkenny. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Court Conference, Leisure Hotel Kilkenny
- Springhill Court Conference, Leisure And Spa Hotel
- Springhill Court Kilkenny
- Hotel Springhill Court