US$ 109
US$ 104
  • Breakfast included
Auburndale B&B(Kilkenny)
US$ 109
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 97
Ashbrook House(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
Agoda.com
All reviewsan older hotelnight portermedieval cityexcellent locationbed was comfortablefood was lovelypoached eggsbreakfast was includedgreat weekendwithin easy walking distanceone night stayvisit kilkennybar foodhen partycentre of townb bsclubhouse
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 nights in Kilkenny last weekend for a Hen party of 18. From the moment of my initial booking enquiry in January to when we checked out on Sunday morning, the staff were extremely professional and friendly - they were lovely to deal with.
Location, location, location! The hotel is conveniently located bang in the city centre and has a free carpark out the back. With a group of 18, we were given an excellent deal and it was brilliant not to have to worry about taxis in and out of the city. We were within walking distance of everywhere we needed to be all weekend.
Whilst the hotel is a little out of date and in need of some TLC, I couldn't fault the place on that basis.
The friendly staff and the hotel's location were ideal for our needs and I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others. Thank you

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi eimzom ,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. we are delighted that you were happy with your stay, and it was our pleasure to look after such a lovely group of girls. Yes our location is perfect here right on Patrick Street . We pride ourselves on our friendly staff. have a great time at the wedding ! Thanks again for your kind review

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We were shown to our room, after a rather disorganized check in, and promptly requested another room. The 'broom closet' we were first put in was certainly not worth the money. The second option was not much better ... but we had better things to do in Kilkenny than fight about a room. The second option ... well, I'll put it this way. The beds were less than 12 inches apart - and pushed against each wall! The bathroom was just a huge mess! My travel companion and I both likened this hotel to having probably been something wonderful 'back in the day' ... When our Grandmother's would have traveled! The decor was stuck in the 50's, 60's, 70's ... and I don't think the linens or the towels have been updated since that time ... It was not our favorite stay in Ireland, for sure.

Stayed: February 2018
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear SoniaKayattttheBay

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take note of your issues and must apologise if it took in anyway from your stay in Kilkenny.
We hope you enjoyed your holiday in Ireland, and again appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This is an old building with lots of stairs not the place to stay if you have trouble walking. The reception staff were not that bothered the only person we had a smile from was the night porter on the morning of our departure. Not what I had hoped for.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, yes it is an old building and does have lots of stairs, we do inform our guests that there is a lot of stairs before they book. I am disappointed to hear that you say that reception staff were not that bothered. We pride ourselves here at The Club House for our Customer Service,but obviously did not deliver the customer service experience that you hoped for on this occasion which I must apologise for, but i am glad our night porter had a smile. We do appreciate your feedback and will take it on board and hope you enjoyed Kilkenny .

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We had a bad start to begin with I had booked for Friday and Saturday night but the had e mailed me with confirmation of booking for the sat and Sunday , luckily they rang the day before to confirm our booking and we all realised the mistake. I was charged more on arrival than my original invoice, then the three rooms I had booked were all together but put next to a noisy hen party and young men, we were a family , my husband myself and my two grown up children. It was the noisiest hotel I have been in and the scruffier, banging doors, and people shouting all night long. The rooms were very old fashioned scruffy. The bathroom had a shower curtain , thin small towels and the shower was broken and had no pressure. The breakfast greasy, rubbery and cold. I understand this was a 2 star hotel and reasonably priced, but compared to some of the others in kilkenny not a huge amount cheaper. . We were visiting my husbands irish relations who live in kilkenny and surrounding area , my niece and brother in law stayed in other hotels nearby and they were much much nicer. The only positive I can say is it's in a good location. Kilkenny is a vi rant busy medieval city.

Room Tip: I do not know if they have any we had three and they were all terrible.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
clubkk, General Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review your feedback is important to us. I have recieved your e-mail directly and will be in touch in due course,

Yours Sincerely,

Ian Brennan

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Just stayed in this hotel last week-end and found it very cosy and friendly. Its an old building, with great charm and the location is just perfect, right in the city centre. It has free parking in a very large area behind the hotel. The receptionist Liz was extremely helpful and pleasant. We had a lovely stay and will return.

Room Tip: There are rooms at the very back of the hotel so if you don't like street noise ask for one of them
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear MacPow

We are glad that you found the hotel cosy and friendly. it certainly has a great charm, we are located just 2 minutes walk from the centre, so we have a great location, we offer free parking to all our guests staying in the hotel. We will pass on your kind words to Liz on reception.
we look forward to welcoming you back to Kilkenny again.