2,249 results
All reviews pet farm kids club outdoor infinity pool petting zoo family hotel leisure centre go karts underfloor heating lovely hotel family break superior room steam room games room top class walk in shower both nights relaxation room
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed for 2 nights in the Newpark in early May. As our first time there we booked a Superior Room, however, we found it a little basic; had to request a fridge and the view was over a roof. I would have expected a few extras being a Superior Room.
The Hotel itself is lovely; spacious & welcoming lobby and has great facilities for families - parenting room; games room, playground, fairy trail and so much more. We ate in the bar both nights and found both the food & service excellent - great variety too. Breakfast was equally as good too.
Our major concern was the construction work which was being carried out on the 4th floor above us. Constant banging and drilling from before 9am each morning was unacceptable. Having rang down a few times the only assistance we were finally offered was that it would finish at 5.30pm which only forced us to leave the hotel by
day. We did get an apology and little gesture on check out but felt it was a little too late, would have preferred to have been able to enjoy & spend some time in our room.
Overall a nice hotel & I would return but will be enquiring about construction work first!

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Frances03
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We came here for a few nights on recommendation from a few friends whom had stayed prior. There is plenty of available parking on site and all is located close to hotel, rooms are a generous size and are well maintained and clean also, plenty of activities to do for children as there is an onsite petting farm with large play area attached around the back and is easy to access from the car park, on the first floor there is also a small play room for toddlers with climbing frame and toys etc.. which our small guy loved, hotel is central enough will take roughly a 15-20 minute walk to get in to the town center but if driving you can park in McDonagh Junction shopping centre which is reasonably priced. We ate in the bar one night and food was very good I ordered a stir fry and my wife had the burger both tasty and good value also. hotel was busy when we arrived but found that to be welcome as nice to have a bit of a buzz around the place, swimming pools were good but I would recommend just a few toys for kids in the small pool as not much for them to play with in the water but apart from that can't complain, I think this hotel is ideal for people with families especially young children but maybe not so for couples just my opinion! I would definitely return to this hotel as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the beautiful "city" Kilkenny also :)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel tries to be too many venues at once. On site are a petting zoo, a designed “ecosystem”, a spa, two swimming pools ( indoor and outdoor), and several play areas for children. When my spouse and I arrived, there were Holy Communion parties galore, a wedding reception and a group tour meeting. The scene was loud and chaotic. Our room was near the elevator, though I specifically asked for one further away. I also emailed reception requesting early check-in and received a form letter stating “no dice” in return. The beds are not four star quality and the sheets are certainly not high thread cotton. We ate at one of the restaurants. Our meals were brought out immediately, a telltale sign they’d been heated in a microwave. My husband enjoyed his fish and chips, but my Indian Komar was subpar. The room is not air conditioned, though it is advertised as such. We found a fan in the closet and used it to ease the “stuffiness.” While settling into our room, I heard an ungodly screeching , occurring at regular intervals. I was glad I’d brought earplugs. Eventually, we found out that the noise came from a peacock in the “ecosystem/petting zoo.” Weird! Overall, staying here was not something I’d repeat. The facility caters to families but tries to be adult friendly as well. It doesn’t work.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donnegal59
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review and I would be delighted to discuss your recent visit in person when its convenient. I have listed my contact details below for your reference and I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards
Mark Dunne
mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Newpark for two nights during our recent trip to Kilkenny. The hotel met or exceeded all expectations. Conveniently located about a 10 minute walk from city center. Free parking. Room was comfortable and in working order. Staff was excellent and the breakfast was outstanding.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Very nice hotel outside Kilkenny, about 1,5 km from city center. Easy to park. Clean, nice room and friendly staff. Internet 7 Mbit down and 3 up. Breakfast was very good and the hotel has a nice spa. To recommend? Yes, absolutely!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple