“Great staff nice rooms good location”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed in newpark on a Saturday night, meet with mulled wine at reception from Julie, very friendly staff throughout, clean room and breakfast was excellent too

• Stayed: January 2012
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear mooneman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us here at The Newpark Hotel

Myself and the entire team are extremely proud to receive such positive feedback and I know Julie is delighted to receive such positive comments and to have made your stay here with us a memorable one.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Newpark during your visit to the City of Kilkenny and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Mark Dunne

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Newpark Hotel

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Spent two day at the Newpark Hotel 3/27 & 3/28. Staff let us check in early (8am) since our plane landed at 5am. Staff very friendly & knowledgeably. Room was very clean, breakfast was great every morning and the wait staff was accommodating. Spa was wonderful.There is off street parking, no charge at the hotel. The hotel is about 20-30 min walking distance to the "hub" of Kilkenny. Kilkenny is a lovely place. Comparing this to the rest of our hotels on our trip.. I would recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel has a new section and an old section. We stayed in the old section and had no complaints...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shamus780
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Shamus780,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Newpark Hotel. We are committed to ensuring the very highest in customer experience on daily basis.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable time during your stay and entire team here at The Newpark and that you had an opportunity to experience everything that Kilkenny has to offer on the doorstep of The Newpark.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I attended a 2 day conference in this hotel and stayed here last week and the comments from other attendees were that the staff never stopped smiling from our arrival to departure. the rooms are superb and the food fab. Overall I would really recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Larrytheloungelizard

Dear Larrytheloungelizard,

Thank you so much for shring your positive comments from your recent conference attendance here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable time during your stay and entire team here at The Newpark are proud to have ensured the success of such an important event.

I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to The Newpark in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Just returned from an overnight trip to the Newpark and we were very impressed. The room was spacious, clean and modern. We ate in the bar and the food was excellent as was breakfast the following day. The leisure facilities are very good, loved the infinity pool. The staff were so attentive and very friendly. Our waiter in the bar (I think his name was Thomas), was very good and brought everything we asked for promptly which is great when eating with a toddler! All in all a very enjoyable stay, would definitely return and recommend it for anyone visiting Kilkenny.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MLDes

Dear MLDes,

Thank you for having taken the time to complete your review of the Newpark Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable time during your stay and I have personally congratulated Thomas on the excellent service he provided you with, I know he is extremely proud to receive such great comments.

Again, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Newpark in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

this hotel was just okay. a little worn around the edges. the location is not that convenient to the city center, which was a bit of a hassle. the room was decent, but the windows in the room were not clean. the food at breakfast was satisfactory, but the dining room was not clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rasc0tt65

Dear Rascott65,

I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your review of the Newpark Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I was extremely disappointed to read your comments relating to your experience here at The Newpark and I have reviewed each point with the respective department to ensure we resolve the issues for all future guests.

Again, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your experience and should you wish to discuss your experience in person please contact me directly on my personal details listed below.
I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future.