“The Nicest place I have stayed in years” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“The Nicest place I have stayed in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I attended a 2 day conference in this hotel and stayed here last week and the comments from other attendees were that the staff never stopped smiling from our arrival to departure. the rooms are superb and the food fab. Overall I would really recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Larrytheloungelizard
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Larrytheloungelizard,

Thank you so much for shring your positive comments from your recent conference attendance here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable time during your stay and entire team here at The Newpark are proud to have ensured the success of such an important event.

I look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to The Newpark in the near future.

Marilto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Just returned from an overnight trip to the Newpark and we were very impressed. The room was spacious, clean and modern. We ate in the bar and the food was excellent as was breakfast the following day. The leisure facilities are very good, loved the infinity pool. The staff were so attentive and very friendly. Our waiter in the bar (I think his name was Thomas), was very good and brought everything we asked for promptly which is great when eating with a toddler! All in all a very enjoyable stay, would definitely return and recommend it for anyone visiting Kilkenny.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MLDes
Dear MLDes,

Thank you for having taken the time to complete your review of the Newpark Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable time during your stay and I have personally congratulated Thomas on the excellent service he provided you with, I know he is extremely proud to receive such great comments.

Again, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Newpark in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

this hotel was just okay. a little worn around the edges. the location is not that convenient to the city center, which was a bit of a hassle. the room was decent, but the windows in the room were not clean. the food at breakfast was satisfactory, but the dining room was not clean.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rasc0tt65
Dear Rascott65,

I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your review of the Newpark Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I was extremely disappointed to read your comments relating to your experience here at The Newpark and I have reviewed each point with the respective department to ensure we resolve the issues for all future guests.

Again, I would like thank you for taking the time to share your experience and should you wish to discuss your experience in person please contact me directly on my personal details listed below.
I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future.

Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel that offers lots of amenities. It's located just outside of the city centre in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Getting to the city centre is easy and can be done by car within five minutes.

The lobby is large, welcoming and quite posh. The staff is quite nice, polite and very helpful. Parking is plentiful and free.

The hotel boasts three restaurants, all of which serve excellent food at very decent prices. The pub is also wonderful. Breakfast is a great buffet with lots to choose from.

This hotel is also the place that many locals turn to for their wedding receptions, so be prepared for lively weekends, especially in the pub, but hey ... it's Ireland!

Also on-site is a great full service spa, a full health center/gym, indoor swimming pool, sauna, and an outdoor infinity jacuzzi that is just to die for. If you spend all day walking the streets of Kilkenny, the jacuzzi is where you head to relax.

The rooms are decent, clean and very comfortable. The curious thing was that the room didn't have a clock.

The other pleasant surprise was the wi-fi reception. Most hotels advertise high speed service which usually is anything but. However wi-fi here is not only free, but also very high speed and easy to connect to. This is a sprawling hotel and our room was in the very furthest end from the main lobby, but wi-fi reception was excellent even here.

The only con that we experienced here was that room service got our order wrong. When it was finally rectified, we asked the delivery man if he could bring us a bucket of ice. He promised a speedy return with our ice, accepted our tip and then never returned. Apparently ice machines for customers in hotels in Ireland is not customary. We found the same thing at other hotels.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel that comes highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Honolulu,

I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your review of the Newpark Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I have shared and discussed your comments with the management team here at the hotel.

I would also like to assure you I have investigated the matter highlighted within your feedback to ensure there is no reoccurrence in the future and I would like to extend my apologies that the incident occurred.

Finally, I would thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly as I would be delighted to extend some of the Newpark renowned hospitality by personally overseeing your reservation.

Kind Regards

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely hotel with fellow delegates to a conference. From the moment we checked in the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. My room was fabulous and spotless. Very comfortable and spacious and lovely view from the balcony. The staff dealt with the approx 400 Conference attendees in a professional and proficient manner. The meals were served with no delays and all food was delicious. The gala dinner, attended by over 300 guests, was a great success and a credit to the management and staff of this fine establishment. It is part of the "Fair Hotel" campaign which guarantees the right of all staff to union representation and fair pay and terms and conditions. An absolute credit to all involved. I will definitely be back. Thank you all.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Val0ra
Dear Valora,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Newpark Hotel experience.

Myself and the entire team here at the Newpark are extremely proud to have exceeded your expectations over the course of your stay and we are delighted that the conference was such a success.

We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to The Newpark in the near future.

Kind regards