Newpark Hotel
US$ 220
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$ 208
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 208
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$ 309
US$ 291
Orbitz.com
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
US$ 212
US$ 226
Travelocity
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
2,105 results
All reviewspet farmkids cluboutdoor infinity poolpetting zoofamily hotelleisure centreunderfloor heatinglovely hotelgo kartsfamily breaksuperior roomsteam roomgames roomtop classwalk in showereaster breakboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just returned from Ireland and had a wonderful stay at the Newpark Hotel. It was such a comfortable hotel with the friendliest, helpful staff. Marita(front desk) was sooo knowledgeable and quick to share that with us. It was an easy walk down to Kilkenny each morning and again after dinner. Never felt unsafe and returned each evening to enjoy the fireplace in the very welcoming lobby. The rooms were cozy yet not lavish. The breakfast was unbelievable! I would highly recommend this hotel if going to KilKenny. Will return to the same place if I am lucky enough to get back to Ireland!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ann3020
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our first night in Ireland on February 24, 2012. We were initially quite pleased that the hotel allowed us to check in at 8:00am. We were tired after an overnight flight and thought we'd give checking in a shot to take a quick nap. The hotel was part of a package we got through Aer Lingus. This might have played into us not getting the full 4* package since the rate was probably much lower due to the package.

Our initial disappointment came as we walked to our room. The hotel appears to have two sections, an older and a newer. We were placed in the older section. The hallway had a strong odor that reminded me of water damage. The hallway and carpet were worn and didn't strike me as "4 star" as the hotel advertises. They were also renovating the room next door while we tried to sleep, but we were so tired we slept right through. I also wasn't going to complain as they were gracious enough to allow me to check in super early. The room while renovated and nice looking, it didn't have the 4* look and feel. However, the bed was super comfortable.

Our second disappointing experience came after arriving back from a long day of walking around town. Our keys didn't work for our room. We walked back all the way back up front and got them re-keyed, they still didn't work. The second trip to the front I spoke with a second lady that seemed to place blame that I was doing something wrong. The 2nd re-keyed keys still didn't work. We had the maintenance guy come down and he discovered that the batteries were probably dead in the door. 20minutes later and several sets of new batteries did not fix the issue. The plus side was they put us in an "upgraded" room in the newer section of the hotel. The staff was apologetic about the issue. This room was very nice and didn't have the older look and feel. I could agree the new room had a more 4* appearance. The bathroom was also much nicer and had heated floors. Had we gotten this room from the beginning I could easily recommend this hotel without reservations, however it seems to be a crap shoot what you will get when you stay.

The breakfast that was included in our rate was an Irish buffet. It had a very large selection of fruits, cereals, pastries, Irish breads, sausages, eggs, english bacon, juices. My wife and I were very happy with the breakfast and the staff were very attentive and helpful if you needed anything.

I did not get a chance to check out the fitness room or the spa area, but from what I could see across the courtyard it looked very nice and I'm sure I would have enjoyed it.

Also, while not located downtown, my wife and I were comfortable walking downtown and didn't have any issues doing so. It's about a 20-30min walk.

All and all, while not our favorite hotel of the trip it wasn't the least favorite. The room issue and lack of 4* finishes as well as the smell leave me rating it 3 out of 5. If you get a super good rate and have breakfast included then I can recommend. If not you might want to look around.

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer section of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bakerbreen
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Had been to the Newpark hotel for a Christmas party 6 years ago. Had a lovely time so when myself and my partner decided to go away for the weekend to Kilkenny, this hotel sprung to mind. All on reception were extremely helpful from the moment we got there. Any question we asked, no matter how ridiculous!, was answered in a friendly helpful manner.
The room we had was smaller than the previous time we stayed, right at the back of the hotel. Didn't bother us as it was still lovely. The leisure facilities were a dream. Never crowded except for the infinity pool but that was never for too long. We were able to swim without 100 people crashing into us ad the gym had plenty of machine free. This is not to say it was never busy, we just went very early in the morning and late in the evening.
Would I come back to this hotel for a 3rd time....most definitely. I'm just waiting to get some time off to head back to Kilkenny!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We were a group of 2 families, totalling 6 people ranging in age from 20 years to 86 staying between Christmas 2011 and the New Year. We stayed in 3 rooms in the newer wing and had a very pleasant time. The service was very good and responsive, the food in the dining room and bar was very tasty and priced well, the leisure facilities were excellent. The only drawback was excessive heat in the bedroom - we removed the feather mattress 'topper' off the bed. At times getting mobile fone connection in the bedroom was difficult and the hotel staff tried their best to deal with this; ameliorated by standing close to the window. People loved to sit by the 'turf' fire in the lobby and watch weddings come and go when the weather outside was cold & wet. Will come back again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Clean with friendly staff. Business trip so didn't have time to use the facilities. Rooms are spacious, bar is nice and breakfast varied

• Stayed: February 2012