“Very clean, well located and friendly hotel”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very clean, well located and friendly hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We enjoyed our two-night stay here. I would have given it five stars except our luggage was not secured behind the front desk when we were waiting for our room check-in. I could easily have walked off with another guests luggage that was also parked casually there....but everything else was first class : )

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank etlaif
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear etlaif,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel. Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay , in general, I note your comment about the luggage. our front desk is manned at all times and I assure you that there is no opportunity for anyone to take anything that is not theirs.

I hope to welcome you back again.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had a fantastic time staying at the Ormonde Hotel in Kilkenny. The staff where always very helpful and the food was excellent. The hotel is central to the local shops, castle and other amenities. I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone and go back to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Please advise staff of any of your requirements
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise D
Dear Denise D,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and its great to read that you would recommend us in the future.

Dublin
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my boyfriend. We both had a brilliant time! Cannot say enough about the staff, so helpful and friendly. The room was clean, modern and comfortable, the bed was very very hard to leave in the mornings! Sooo comfy. We had breakfast both mornings which was tasty and fresh, there was a wedding on the Saturday so it was very busy in the breakfast room on the Sunday morning but we weren't waiting at all. The staff really do go above and beyond for you. Can't recommend this Hotel enough. I've a wedding to go to in Langtons in October but I'll definitely be staying in The Ormonde.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear serena1982,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor.com

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in October.

drogheda
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here prior to having kids and found it great for location, thats almost 10 years ago. Stayed again very recently with our two kids and found it even better.Leisure facilities great, especially baby pool which not every hotel has,close to castle, short walk with kids, and restuarants all around you. Superior room good size for 2 adults, 2 kids. Will go back for sure. 129 euros well spent !!!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank terry m
Dear terry m,

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband, daughter and I have just returned from a stay here. We booked a junior suite thinking that we could keep our 6 month old in her nighttime routine and relax in the separate living area after putting her to bed. The suite was fairly small to start with but it would have to do. We've stayed in 3,4 and 5 star accommodation all over the world and this was not what we would have expected from a 4 star suite!! I began to worry when I saw a desk fan in the bedroom... The room had no air conditioning!!!! Worrying for us with a small baby as we didn't want her to overheat. The room was sweltering even with the fan on and all the windows open!!! I then discovered that there was no mini bar in the room therefore no fridge - something which would have been useful to us with baby food etc.... There was an empty cupboard which was clearly designed for a fridge so we asked if it would be possible to have a fridge sent up but no this couldn't be accommodated. I then had to ask for a second fan as I didn't want my baby to overheat. On day 2 we went down for breakfast which was fine only that we had to ask 4 times for coffee!!! We arrived back at our room shortly after to find clean towels and toiletries lying outside our door!!!! I phoned down to reception to ask if we were expected to clean our own room... After that they sent someone up to clean the room. The room service menu is very limited. If you must stay here don't have the afternoon tea.... It was simply awful. The sandwiches were appalling, the milk and cream were off and the scones were rock hard.... We pretty much left it untouched. All in all the hotel is ok but a 3 star at best (and I'm being extremely generous). Kilkenny itself though is lovely and we'll definitely be back but not to the Ormonde I'm afraid.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MJWBELFAST
Dear MJWBELFAST,

I acknowledge your recent stay at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel and thank you for taking the time and trouble to give me your feedback. I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.

It is very important to me that our guests have a good experience throughout the entire hotel and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed, in any way, at what I believe we do best. The least you should expect from a hotel such as ours is to have a good night’s sleep in comfortable surroundings and I am sorry that this was not the case, on this occasion. May I take this opportunity to apologise profusely for any inconvenience or upset we caused you and I assure you that it is certainly not the norm here. I have spoken in length, just this morning, with my Team and although, it may be of little comfort to you now, I am certain that no future guest will have to experience such a poor standard of service.

Your room had not been serviced and the linen and towels were left outside your door, as you had left put a "do not disturb" sign on you door handle.

As you didn't take the opportunity to speak with us when you were here or complete a comment card, I would be delighted if you would contact me personally, should you choose to, so that I can extend you every courtesy and a competitive rate, should you return.

Assuring you of my personal service at all times,