“Very enjoyable”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel for 2 nights while on a conference. The hotel is easily accessible, very centrally located and hs ample secure parking. The rooms were clean, bright and airy. There are plenty of amenities to divert you (pool, spa, gym etc.). The staff are very friendly and efficient and are helpful without being intrusive. The food is good and I, for one, will be returning the next time I am in Kilkenny.

Room Tip: Stayed on third floor - good view of city from corridor windows
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Pascal T,

Thank you for your very positive review of our Hotel and I'm delighted to read that you will return.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Ireland
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend night as part of a group and we had a very enjoyable and excellent meal in the restuarant. While we enjoyed ourselves as group there were some issues with our overall experience in the hotel. One of our party had an issue with door keys over the 24hrs we stayed in hotel and collected 8/10 faulty keys and right up to the time we departed the issue was not successfully resolved. The hotel also advertised in their in room information brochure that the residents bar would remain open until 4am but the barman left at 3.30am and when challenged he told our party that they close at 3.30am all the time - why advertise otherwise???. Overall you get the impression with the hotel that the customer is not always king and that the hotel will be full anyway and they do not go out of their way to convince you to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear BordNaMonaMan,

Thank you for posting your reveiw of your recent stay on Tripadvsior.com. I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.

It is very important to me that our guests have a good experience throughout the entire hotel and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed, in any way, at what I believe we do best. The least you should expect from a hotel such as ours is to be able to have late drink and I am sorry that this was not the case. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any upset or inconvenience we may have caused you and I assure you that it is certainly not the norm here. I'm particularly disappointed that you would feel unwelcomed in any way and I have spoekn with my team about it, just this morning. Although, it may be of little comfort to you now, I am certain that no future guest will have to experience such a poor standard of service.

I regret that you have now formed a poor impression of our Hotel, however, I am confident that your experience does not represent our normal high standards. It is certainly not in my interest, especially in the current economic climate, to have dissatisfied customers and that is why I am so appreciative of you bringing your experiences to my attention. I do hope that you could see fit to visit the Ormonde Hotel again so that I may have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us. Please contact me personally so that I may extend you every courtesy.

Co. Cork
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a great hotel, no complaints. The hotel is in the centre of Kilkenny but the area is very quiet. The room was lovely, the pillows were a bit hard for me. Breakfast was great self service but plenty of staff around if you want anything. We ate in the bar the first evening the menu is small we had burgers and chips. We were waiting a while for this as we wanted the burger well done. It was grand. There is a multi storey car park opposite the hotel ,the hotel have a deal with the car park it only cost us 10 euro for the 2 nights you can come and go from the car park as many times as you like. The hotel will stamp your ticket each time. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ASTRA5,

I'm really gald that yo uenjoyed your stay with us, our good food and location. We hope you come back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2012

had a lovely midweek break here, would gladly go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear emmers80,

Thank you for your review of the Ormonde Hotel and I'm delighted that you will return.

Dublin
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel recently during a conference, the staff were very helpful, happy, food lovely - definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Helen M,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the conference you attended was a success. Thank you for the business.

General manager