“Michael G”

No. 4 on the Square
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Tralee
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Atmospheric, beautiful tabelware, exquisitely ironed linen napkins, staff who are each simultaneously a model of professionalism and relaxed courtesy set in a fascinating renovated building of character!

Oh! The food! Quite simply the best fillet steak for 100 miles and equally superb duck and do not miss the cornfed chicken and everything on a brief but still comprehensive menu!

Extremely friendly chefs who are happy to share the pleasure of their work with the guests.

Will be going back for a long time!

2  Thank MichelesenzaCapelli

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Myself and three of the girls went for dinner last week, the whole experience was amazing! We had cocktails to begin with, the nicest Cosmo around. The restaurant was absolutely spotless! We were greeted by the lovely manger Aileen, gas woman! We were sat at a table with a beautiful view... of the chef! (with tattoos)
I had prawn pil pil for starer followed by pan seared cod and crabs claws. Delicious! The other girls had steaks which were fab. There was no shortage of food at the table between the chips, veg, salad and the extremely tasty green beans! the staff was so accommodating, noting was a hassle. Will definitely be returning to this amazing restaurant!!!!

3  Thank muireannaine
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Booked in for dinner on a Friday night for my birthday which I was told would be no problem. Myself and a few girls from work arrived to a very welcoming bar staff who offered us the drinks menu before our dinner. A very pleasant young boy, Sean made us a variety of delicious cocktails and we made our way up to the restaurant where we were greeted by Aileen, the manager and taken to our table. Once seated she assured us that as it was my birthday we would greatly taken care of. Myself and 2 of the girls ordered the Sirloin steak which was one of the best I've ever eaten. Whilst another friend ordered the prawn pil pil followed by the special of Hake and Crab claws which she continuously talked about for the following few days. After our meal Aileen and another waitress, Anna arrived over to our table with a cake and candle which I later realised I wasn't charged for.
One of the nicest meals I've had in Tralee. Would 100% recommend and definitely will be returning with the girls. Amazing.

2  Thank NiamhTG
Reviewed 31 August 2017

My wife and I called in for dinner after a long days touring. We were both tired and hungry. We chose this restaurant primarily from Trip Advisors reports. We were early enough for the early bird menu, I ordered the 8oz steak and my wife the Hake dish. Both arrived promptly and were good portions well prepared and nicely presented. Our table looked out on the square so we could watch all the goings on in the area. My steak while well cooked paled into insignificance when compared with the exceptional Hake. I of course was given share and it lived up to its looks. The environment was pleasant and clubby, pubby, with cheerful helpful staff keeping things moving. The only issue for us and I accept that we will be in the minority was the continuous on-going music. It was not over loud, it was just there. We picked a seat as far away from it but it still distracted. We did not ask the staff to adjust the sound as we did not think it fair to spoilt others enjoyment. This however was a small point and we did enjoy our meal.

3  Thank AudRoy0
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Had an unexpected trip to Tralee! After walking around briefly we stopped into No. 4 on the square! The time we arrived the early bird menu was the option we chose! We most certainly weren't disappointed!! Myself and my mother both chose to get a main and a dessert. We both decided to opt for the steak as our main! It was cooked to perfection and the accompaniments were just mouthwatering!! We followed up with the French apple tart pastry and the rhubarb and elderflower Eton mess!would highly recommend. Service was brilliant and was reasonably priced! Definitely will be back! A real credit to Tralee!

2  Thank lc112233