The Brehon
Dromhall Hotel(Killarney)
Randles Hotel(Killarney)
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
2,493 results
All reviewsdanu restaurantangsana spavitality suitekelly annbar foodtop classbeautiful hotelsteam roomfrom start to finishsuperior roomspa facilitieswould highly recommend this hotellast weekendwedding receptionboth nightsbeautiful roomnational park
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is what I would consider to be a fair unbiased account of my experience at The Brehon. On arriving we went to the bar where I was greeted by a very pleasant server, I asked him for our round to be told that Heineken and Coca Cola are not served in The Brehon. This I thought was unusual these days but none the less i didn't worry too much about it and ordered alternatives, then the bar person proceed to get 1 drink wrong and offered to drop the other drink a pint of Guinness to us when it was ready. 10 minutes later I had to go and get it from him which I wouldn't normally mind just don't offer to drop it down if your not going to bother especially when the bar wasn't busy. We next moved to Danu where were were seated by a nice member of staff and our orders were taken in due course. My meal was delivered with the wrong sides and when I mentioned it to the server it seemed to be a major inconvience. The food itself was not great definitely not value for money. The goats cheese tart was hard and the beef was tough and very fatty this seemed to be the case with everyone in our party who had the beef. I would compare it to what you may expect if you arrived very late to a carvery lunch. Overall some nice staff and lovely decor but left down by some staff members attitudes and the kitchen team need a good talking to. When all is said and done there are far better quality options available in Killarney.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank aoife_os23
lorrainesalmon, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear aoife_os23,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent visit to The Brehon. I was sorry to hear you felt disappointed with your overall experience. The Brehon has a product partnership with diageo at present, your feedback will however be noted the next time this is being reviewed. I am sorry the service you received was well below our regular standard here at The Brehon, it really is disappointing for us to hear as we invest a lot of time training our team to deliver the highest level of service to our guests.
I was very surprised to read your comments on our food. The feedback we would normally receive would be very positive and our Danú restaurant is held in very high esteem with both our guests and locals alike. I am unsure if you got to speak to a manager on the night as we do welcome all feedback as it is very important for us to hear. I would be happy to talk to you directly if you would like to contact me at the hotel on 064 6630700.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you will return to The Brehon in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 2 rooms at The Brehon three months in advance and requested rooms with a park view. Wow, we had a corner room and birthday wishes were waiting. Hotel and rooms are spacious. We have traveled Europe often and were pleasantly surprised by the room size, contemporary design and terrific staff. Highly recommended. Front desk staff truly helpful and engaging all the time.
Full Irish breakfast was extensive.
We will be back, The Brehon is first class.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
lorrainesalmon, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear John M,

Thank you for your lovely review and very kind words. The entire team were delighted to read your review. It is great to hear you will be back to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a five star hotel. It will blow you away with the comfort of the rooms and beds. The food is excellent and the staff cant do enough to make your stay fabulous. It was without a doubt the best of the 7 hotels we stayed at in Ireland

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael G

Dear Michael G,

Thank you for your five star review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your sharing your experience.
We do hope you will be back to see us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary and it could not have been more perfect. We got a huge room and a bottle of champagne and chocolates on arrival. The view was excellent. The brehon just added to our anniversary. Thank you

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aisling D

Dear Aisling D,

It is wonderful to hear you both enjoyed your Anniversary Celebrations and thank you for your lovely review. We do hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the Brehon for two nights, we went to a concert in the INEC and couldnt fault the location. Check in was quick and when we went to our room we had been left a happy birthday plate and birthday card for my husband, it was a really nice thoughtful touch! Room was fab, spotless clean and bed was co comfy, lovely to have a view of the mountains too. Bar staff were all so friendly and food was tasty. Spa was so relaxing and my husbands massage was top class. Breakfast had a great selection and flapjacks were a personal highlight! Only slight niggle we had over our entire stay was breakfast on both mornings we had to call someone over to order teas and coffees and also noticed the tables around us all having the same issue, its not a big deal but put us off ordering from the printed menu as we would have been waiting longer to order, but like I said really a minor detail. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl H
lorrainesalmon, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Cheryl H,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and visit to The Brehon and concert in the INEC. Thank you for your lovely comments on your room, food, spa and the team at The Brehon. Thank you also for your comment on our breakfast which I have passed to our restaurant team for review.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.