2,613 results
All reviews danu restaurant angsana spa vitality suite kelly ann bar food beautiful hotel top class steam room from start to finish superior room spa facilities would highly recommend this hotel wedding reception last weekend a lovely stay sister hotel beautiful room
Reviewed 5 October 2016

The Brehon had all the amenities we wanted: clean, spacious rooms, comfy beds, and a good restaurant as well. Breakfast was wonderful, and overall service was excellent. Would definitely recommend this hotel over others!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lizarts99
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear Lizarts99,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at The Brehon and thank you for your lovely comments on our rooms, facilities and team. We are all delighted to hear you had such a great stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

The staff are Super helpful with chargers fpr phone etc. Check in was fast. The Breakfast was Great there was a great selection with supurb service. The room was comfortable with a big bathroom
Will be back soon.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank VoodooBazza

Dear VoodooBazza,

Thank you for your Five star review. the entire team at The Brehon are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We do hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We stayed here for a weekend in order to compete in an Adventure Race. We may like the mud, but we like out comfort the rest of the time! The race expo and finish line wherever nearby which made it easy for us to get back to the hotel afterwards. The Spa, food, and service at The Brehon is always of such great quality. And for me, since I never sleep well anyway, I really enjoy how quiet this establishment is and how thick the walls are - we never hear our neighbours. Only my second time staying at The Brehon and I hope I can afford to stay there again next year!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Naomi G

Dear Naomi G,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for your lovely review. We do hope you will be back to see us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

My friend and I booked into the Brehon for one nights bed and breakfast Saturday October 1st. From the time I e mailed the hotel to enquire about a good price for our stay owing to the fact that my friend has been so, so good to me these past few years to the time we left on Sunday morning I must say I was dealt with in a most friendly and efficient way. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning, warm and inviting with buckets of character at every corner. The receptionist was most friendly as she checked us in (and in a natural way not like it's a job for her). The room was gorgeous, large, two single beds, lots of room, lovely decor, an AMAZING shower and bathroom and a lovely view. We had bathrobes, slippers, bottled water all the little extras you hope for but don't always get even in a 4 or 5 star property.

We were going to a show in the INEC at 7pm but checked into the hotel around 3 so we had plenty of 'chill out' time. We ate in the bar and watched the All Ireland. We were taken down steps from a main bar to a gorgeous cosy bar with comfy leather couches, a tv and a lovely atmosphere. I opted for the Burger and my friend chose the Toasted Special. The server was friendly, the food was beautifully presented and delicious. We headed to the show and came back to the hotel around 11.30pm for a few drinks before bedtime. We went into the bar where a nice young man was playing the guitar and singing ( a real asset as he has a really lovely voice and wasn't intrusive if people wanted to talk). Unfortunately it was in the bar the only bad mark I could give the hotel occured.

There was a guy behind the bar but he disappeared into an area to the left of the bar itself. We waited and waited to be served but nobody came. The bar was quite busy at the time. We moved over to the other side of the counter and could see four staff having a chat in the area the other guy had gone to. I think one of them was making coffees or something. I called to one of them and asked was anyone serving and he said ummm yeah but nobody came to us. Then a small guy came from some other area and came inside the counter to serve us. It would be a good thing to pass on this comment to the staff involved. Other than that the hotel was fantastic. The breakfast was gorgeous lots of choice and a friendly waitress and check out was smooth and hassle free.

I would have NO HESITATION in recommending the Brehon and want to thank them for giving me a discount on the full price when I told them how special the night away was for both of us. We will without hesitation come back the next time we are going to a show in the INEC. Well done all round

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank MLORiordan

Dear MLORiordan,

I would like to thank you for your First Class review. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your over all stay. I passed on your feedback to the Bar Manager and he will be following up with the bar staff.
Your feedback is very important to us and thank you again. I do hope you will be back to visit us again soon and please contact me directly when you are visiting Killarney.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at many four and five star hotels and it is rare that I feel lucky enough to have stayed at a particular one. This is true of The Brehon as the service was outstanding - nothing was too much trouble, the breakfasts were varied and very well made and I had no complaints with any aspect of our deluxe bedroom.

We dined in the restaurant on our first evening and opted for a two-course meal and a bottle of wine. It wasn't cheap, so I was very pleased that it was of a high standard and the waiters/waitresses were professional, well-informed and very warm.

The premises itself was beautiful and the interior was just as impressive as the exterior. The spa, which we visited on our final morning, was the perfect end to a five-star stay.

If I visit Killarney again, The Brehon would be my number one choice.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Kershia Kewi W,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to The Brehon and thank you for your lovely review.
We do hope you will be abck to see us again soon.