“So nice!!”

Avenue Hotel
Ranked #65 of 203 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had a great stay on our vacation. The rooms were nice and comfortable and the breakfast was great! The staff was very nice and helped us with directions and restaurant recommendations! The location was very convenient and central. A wonderful experience!!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Had a meal with friends good was good large portions. Service was ok. Tables a little too close when it's busy. Good variety on menu.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2017

From our check in to breakfast to the room it all was great! The veiw from our room we could see the center of town and the horses for the Jaunting ride (highly recommened). I had no problem finding a place to park but it is very limited. The room was very clean and comfortable. I also though the price was great for the location.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Shared a triple with my mother and sister. We each had our own twin bed, and a picturesque view out the window over roof tops toward the mountains. The housekeeping staff was invisible, but our room was cleaned and well-provisioned. A wide staircase gave us access to our third floor room without having to wait for the elevator. The room was large enough for three of us to be comfortable. We ate only breakfast at the hotel. It was a traditional, or at least standard, breakfast of eggs, rashers and sausages, black pudding, pancakes, and a cold breakfast bar of cereal and fruit. It was conveniently located to restaurants and shops.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The Kenmare Rooms are to the left hand side of reception and are a traditional pub setting. There is a small but interesting menu selection with not all food categories covered. However, my wife and I were able to find something to interest our palette and so in we went. At first we thought we would struggle for a place to sit as it is a traditional pub set up on numerous levels. the bar is the center piece and tables available on three sides.
Anyway we located a table and the waitress dropped off the menu. We both opted for the roast lamb and were not disappointed. the meal was large and plentiful. Food was tasty and well prepared (I don't know why but I expected it on the bone but it came sliced beautifully). We followed this by sharing a Banoffee pie which was also very tasty.
The only thing to spoil the ambiance were all the TV sets tuned into a golf tournament in USA with the volume rattling the window panes - it made conversation difficult and gave us a headache. I mean, Golf - for God's sake I have nothing against anybody who likes the sport but the commentary is hardly life affirming!

Date of visit: August 2017