“What a Delight”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

The building is neat. The food is delicious. The restaurant is upstairs serving dinner after 6:30 pm. We got there a bit early and the gal gave us menus to look at while we sat in the bar downstairs. Nicely decorated and the atmosphere is calming. My husband had the salmon and I had the hake. Both were moist and cooked just right. The side vegetables were awesome. I would go here again.

2  Thank Mary D

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Had booked this location for a family event, service was excellent throughout and the staff were very helpful. The choice of menu is excellent and the follow up food is of a very high standard.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

A 'locals' pub with a good range of drinks, but also perfectly catering for tourists. A very friendly reception and great service. When we wanted to eat and the restaurant was closed the friendly barman called a taxi for us to go to an alternative local place instead.

We ate there once and whilst the food was good (and it may be an Ireland taste preference thing) but the steak came out well done when asked for medium-rare, and when it came out again after being sent back the new one was at least medium. Having said that I would recommend the place most definitely, and the overcooked steak was dealt with in a friendly and professional manner and the staff could see it wasn't what I'd ordered and they could not have been nicer.

The potatoes gratin were best I have ever had. Will be going back.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Very good food and service. Vegetarian option available. Fish and meat specials. And Guinness on tap, of course.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

What a lovely experience, it's a lovely quaint old style restaurant full of charm and character, the menu was simple and well priced and full of choice, the food was excellent & the ambience wonderful...we had a lovely corner table by the fireplace and the one thing I really noticed was how attentive the staff were, I was seriously impressed by their attention to detail and their friendliness, all in all it was a great experience and I'd have no problem in recommending this restaurant to family and friends, well done Beaufort Bar

3  Thank Mark O