All reviews great location tour group buffet style jacuzzi bath nice hotel breakfast and dinner central location two nights middle of town the pub irish music pubs and restaurants leisure facilities hotel restaurant bed was very comfortable sister hotel two night stay
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Good thing this hotel is so close to things to do (the center of town and the beautiful, peaceful Killarney National Park) because you do want to get out of those tiny, orange rooms as soon as you can. We were on the first floor and couldn't believe the thump! thump! thump! of the Leisure Center stereo down the hall. The kind of low constant noise where you can't hear the music, just the thumping. The management offered to turn it down, and I was assured it would stop completely after 9:00. It stopped at 9:30 p.m. The only other room they could have moved us to was in the same hallway.

The other odd thing was the chemical smell down the hall next to the swimming pool - sulfer? Peroxide? Extremely strong and since it was next to the indoor pool, it might be related to the mold problem another reviewer mentioned. The smell didn't get into the room, but it was awful having to walk down that hall to go to meals.

There were also some "boys" singing up a storm down the street until the wee hours, but nothing the hotel could do about that, just be aware that you are in the middle of a busy holiday town.

Date of stay: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I was worried about the Killarney towers after reading some of the reviews before our tour of Ireland, and were they ever wrong! it is newly remodeled. The rooms were the best we stayed in on our tour and just beautiful. The dinners were great, the staff was exceptional and the pub was great fun. DON'T BELIEVE THE OLD REVIEWS IT IS ALL NEW! I always check trip advisor and would not have booked this hotel but it was included on our tour, and am pleased to say that the reviews were wrong. Check the dates on the reviews we stayed in May 08. also easy walking to shops and nightlife. A definite yes for us!

Date of stay: May 2008
Reviewed 27 March 2008

I read some very bad reviews about this hotel in Trip Advisor and I´m sure they were perfectly right.

It is very rare to hear about a hotel that admits that something has to be done and invest lots of money to renovate the rooms and the building itself and that happened while the hotel was closed in winter 07-08.

I think the effort payed off as this was by far the best of all 4 hotels I stayed at during my visit to Ireland.

The rooms size was very standard: not big, not small. But is was very clean and had a very good bed.

The hotels restaurant was very nice too: we had dinner one evening were they serve lamb, salmon, etc were you could eat as much as you could.
The hotel has spa and a very well equiped gym.

The hotels location is right in the middle of the town. This could be heaven or this could be hell. My room was very quiet as I couldn´t hear any noice comming from the streets or the other guests in their rooms.

A great touch, in my opinion is that every room had jacuzzi.
On the other hand it is a paradox that in the bathrooms they put a sign were they ask guests to save water by re-using towels as much as possible. But if water is the hotels concern, then they shouldn´t install a jacuzzi in every bath tub...

All in all I can only say that this hotel was really a big surprise for me as I didn´t know that CIE choosed hotels of what I consider such high standard. I understand that the renovation i mentioned above gave the Kilarney Towers Hotel their fourth star which I think the hotel deserves.

I was told at the reception that the tariff at that moment (march 2008) was 80 euros pr person for Dinner,Bed and Breakfast. The same price was asked in a scottish hotel I stayed at for 2 years ago and that hotel couldn´t had more than 2 stars and had no facilities other than a bar.
Because of all the facilities, cleanless, the new inventory and that you can eat all you can at both breakfast and dinner, I think the Killarney Towers Hotel as it stands today is good value for money.

Date of stay: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Oscar L
Reviewed 8 February 2008

After being there before and had a great time I had a return visit - this particular weekend was a very busy weekend . The location is great the town centre on the doorstep so no worries about cabs and they have the entertainment in the hotel so no need of going elsewhere. The bar got very busy both nights due to a good ballad band on each night. The decor is a bit tired in the hotel itself and the rooms definitely need some change but on speaking with one of the managers during my stay they were going to undergo a major redevelopement over the winter and opening a brand new 4* hotel in March 2008. Again I found the staff exteremly pleasant and I hope to return to see the new changes for myself!!!! Will keep you posted.

Date of stay: November 2007
Reviewed 31 January 2008

I stayed in this hotel last summer and found it to be possibly the worst hotel I have experienced. For a start the music from downstairs is so loud that I could not sleep despite being TWO floors above it. When I spoke to front desk about this they said there was nothing I could do and even suggested I was trying to spoil the fun for others!! It was also very shabby and over-priced. Killarney is a beautiful place and this hotel does not do it justice. If you are 18-24 and like terrible music this could be the hotel for you.
On the other hand, if you are neither blind or deaf and enjoy sleeping more that 3-4 hours per night, avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2007