1,545 results
All reviewsginger cakesconesbuckley's barold world charmcharming hotelthe puba family run hoteltraditional irish musicold stylewithin walking distancemiddle of townirish hospitalitycentral locationhome from homefull irish breakfastporridgering of kerry
Reviewed 5 April 2018

From the moment you walk in, the staff at the Arbutus cares that you're there, and it shows. I'd done a bit of back and forth on the website I used for my booking, and they recognized me from that, and were seemingly endeared to me as a result. Check in was smooth and easy, the rooms are cute and quaint and most importantly, they are CLEAN, they are SECURE, and they are COMFORTABLE.

I would have loved to stay in one of their more character-laden rooms, but as a single traveler, I have to admit that I, too, were it my business, would save the really fun rooms for honeymooning couples and families and the like. My room was beyond comfortable, with a bed that had me asleep in under a half hour. The bathroom was bright and clean and encourages long showers or luxurious baths.

The staff are well prepared to recommend and facilitate as necessary, are cheerful, and in no hurry to have you leave when you check out. I was going on a tour the day I left, and they were happy to hold my suitcase for me so I didn't have to bring it along on the bus. They offered me tea and gingerbread when I returned for it, same as they did when I came to check in.

You're a guest there even when you leave, and they treat you like a VIP throughout. Lovely experience in a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
TheArbutusBuckleys, Owner at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Sara,

Thank you so much for your review of your time with us. It was our pleasure to host you and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We are particularly pleased that you felt like a VIP throughout your stay as that is exactly what you are to us.

I hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your trip and that we will get the opportunity to host you again some time in the future.

Regards,

Seán & team

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed for one night at the Arbutus. We arrived very late and despite the late hour were greeted friendly and staff was very helpful. The parking lot behind the hotel is free at night, but they will let you know at the reception what best to purchase for the morning. We booked this hotel due to it old-fashioned charm and were not disappointed. The rooms were old but well kept and clean. Unfortunately the cleaning service forgot to close the window.. so it was quite cold. But the air-con has a heating function. At breakfast we noticed that we were by far the youngest guests of the house though. Anyway, breakfast with it's combination of buffet and order service was very tasty. All in all a very comfortable stay in Killarney.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Franzi,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and apologise for our mistake in neglecting to close the window after servicing the room.

While our olde-worlde style is particularly attractive to folks older than yourself I'm pleased to share that we do regularly have younger guests who have an appreciation of the uniqueness of the hotel and the experience we provide.

It is very pleasing to get your feedback on the tasty breakfast, the comfort levels, the cleanliness and the welcome you received.

Please make sure to pop into us if you're around again.

Regards,

Seán & team

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Great little hotel right in town with very friendly, helpful staff. The room was large, clean and comfortable--absolutely no complaints. The only hotel in our stay that had a bathtub. We were walking distance to many pubs and restaurants. There was parking right behind the hotel for $3 Euros. Delicious breakfast was included with our room. Great, free wifi in our rooms. I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
TheArbutusBuckleys, Owner at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are very pleased to learn that you found our team members friendly and helpul, the rooms large, clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your bathtub, convenient location of the hotel, the adjacent parking facility, the delicious breakfast and the free wi-fi.

We are delighted to receive your recommendation and would love to welcome you back to the Arbutus the next time you're in this part of the world.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

A beautiful family-owned hotel, the staff couldn't be friendlier. They have free Wi-Fi, and a fabulous breakfast. The hotel has beautiful Celtic art all over the hotel, on the banister, on the ceiling, around the fireplaces, everywhere. You could not find a better hotel in Killarney! Within walking distance to shops, pubs, and restaurants.

Room Tip: I was on a tour, but one couple did request a certain room, and the request was honored
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Wonderful property. Staff goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is first class! From the moment you walk in you feel right at home. A cozy fire awaits guests! Ina at the front desk attends to all of your needs, from booking excursions to dinner reservations. The breakfast is outstanding. Betty in the dining area is top notch and works hard to fill all of your dining needs. The adjacent bar is very much an Irish pub! Many dining options and pub options within a steps of the Arbutus! I highly recommend this location!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was quiet as a mouse!!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family