Arbutus Hotel
US$ 95
Innisfallen Hotel(Fossa)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
Very Good 4/5
Killarney Oaks Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 119
1,508 results
All reviewssconesginger cakebuckley's barold world charmfamily run hotelattached pubtraditional irish musiccharming hotelold stylewithin walking distancemiddle of townirish hospitalitycentral locationhome from homefull irish breakfastbrown breadporridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our stay at the Arbutus Hotel has been a delight. The staff is wonderful and while the room is a bit dated, the room is clean and quite spacious. I asked for a quiet room based on other reviews but I feel that we ended up with a room over the parking lot in the back because of the request. Not a major drawback though since we weren't in the room that much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
TheArbutusBuckleys, Owner at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Thank you for your very kind words.

We are pleased to see that your stay at The Arbutus was a delight and I see from your other reviews that you enjoyed the other restaurants in Killarney too.

With a “handle” like PackedNReady2GoAgain I hope that you have many more great trips and that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Killarney and The Arbutus again sometime in the future.

Slán,

Seán Buckley

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have stayed in many hotels, but this was by far the most friendly ever! From excellent service checking in and helping us with our keys, to the really nice lady named Betty in the dining room, to no strict check out time, it was a great experience and I hope I'll make it back some day! The location is amazing as well!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Katie,

Thank you very, very much for your lovely words “ONE OF THE MOST FRIENDLY PLACES ON EARTH!”. I shall pass on your sentiments to all that were involved.

It was lovely to see you and your daughter enjoying yourselves so much and making the most of your time while you were here.

We hope that you will make it back some day too and may be next time you will stay a little longer and do some deeper exploring of the locality.

Kind regards,

Seán

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed in the Arbutus Hotel on a number of occassions. We rate it among the best in our experience. The staff, without exception are extremely warm, friendly and efficient. We always get a beautiful spacous room. We look forward, in particular to the breakfast which is cooked to order and I can say without a doubt that it is the best breakfast that I have had in any hotel. The cost is quite competitive and when the quality of food and service is factored in, the value is definitely at the top of the range.

Room Tip: Request it when booking
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
TheArbutusBuckleys, Family at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Pat,

One hundred thousand apologies for not relying to your review sooner. I was sure I had, but for some reason it has not been posted. I know that you have been back several times since and I am utterly ashamed to have discovered.

Anyway, it is great to get such a powerful review from such a lovely couple as your good selves. I particularly appreciate your final line and who better than you to know that cost is one thing and value is another completely different matter. At the Arbutus we strive to keep on top of costs without compromising on quality and always endeavouring to deliver good VALUE and a great experience. My grandfather used to say that a happy customer leaving is better than any fancy ad.

Wishing you and yours a happy and peaceful Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Slán,

Seán

Reviewed 19 March 2012

myself and my family (hubby and 2 children) are just back from spending the weekend in this lovely hotel.......I was just putting my son to bed and he said "Mam I miss the hotel" :) what better review could you ask for !!!! The hotel itself is warm and inviting , it really is a feel of home from home. The staff are so friendly, every time we walked through the door we were greeted with a big welcoming smile from Michelle, and breakfast each morning was a pleasure to have in the beautifull dining room served to us by an equally lovely lady namely "Betty". We really enjoyed our stay here and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank attractakane
TheArbutusBuckleys, Family at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Attracta & Padraig,
I was delighted to read that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and positive comments, they are very much appreciated and mean a lot to us here at the Arbutus. We aim to give that home away from home atmosphere while staying with us.

We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Regards,
Sean Buckley

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed here in August 2011 for a couple of nights. The staff was more than helpful upon check in. We had a large room, which I believe was over the lobby area. There were three large windows overlooking the town. My son loved them, as he could stand in the window and look out onto the street. The breakfast server, I can't remember her name, but she was so accommodating! We were at breakfast a few minutes early, as we were heading to Skellig Michael that day. Breakfast wasn't quite ready, but she rushed back, made us some eggs and made sure we had lots of scones to take with us for the day! Excellent service, friendly, beautiful room, warm and "homey" feel with a historic feel! I would HIGHLY recommend this establishment. Great location too! We walked everywhere we wanted to go right from the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay here, you won't be sorry!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MTmama2
TheArbutusBuckleys, Family at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear MTmama2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAvdisor. I am delighted to hear that you and your son enjoyed your time with us at the Arbutus Hotel while visiting Killarney.

We aim to give that home away from home atmosphere while staying with us. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,