“Exceptionally personal staff and darling hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Arbutus Hotel

Arbutus Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Sun Prairie, WI
“Exceptionally personal staff and darling hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Loved this place, would stay again. The staff is soooo helpful and go out of their way to give you personal attention with helping to plan day trips and giving great advice on places to eat and things to do. There is live music in the attached bar/lounge several nights per week. My only complaint is that the mattresses and pillows etc. are old and need replacing. Overall, a great place to stay right in the heart of things with an easy walk to the bus station.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
TheArbutusBuckleys, Family at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Trish

Thank you very much choosing to stay with us and also thanks for the lovely review.

“A darling hotel with exceptional staff and right in the heart of things”, that is what you say we are, well that is what we are delighted to see you think we are. Go raibh míle maith agat.

Great to see that you enjoyed your time in Killarney and that you and your lovely daughter enjoyed your trip through The Gap. It is one of my favourite days out.

Again thank you for the review and the recommendation. We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you both back to the Arbutus again soon.

Seán
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Western Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our stay at the Arbutus Hotel has been a delight. The staff is wonderful and while the room is a bit dated, the room is clean and quite spacious. I asked for a quiet room based on other reviews but I feel that we ended up with a room over the parking lot in the back because of the request. Not a major drawback though since we weren't in the room that much.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
TheArbutusBuckleys, Owner at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for your very kind words.

We are pleased to see that your stay at The Arbutus was a delight and I see from your other reviews that you enjoyed the other restaurants in Killarney too.

With a “handle” like PackedNReady2GoAgain I hope that you have many more great trips and that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Killarney and The Arbutus again sometime in the future.

Seán Buckley
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have stayed in many hotels, but this was by far the most friendly ever! From excellent service checking in and helping us with our keys, to the really nice lady named Betty in the dining room, to no strict check out time, it was a great experience and I hope I'll make it back some day! The location is amazing as well!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Katie,

Thank you very, very much for your lovely words “ONE OF THE MOST FRIENDLY PLACES ON EARTH!”. I shall pass on your sentiments to all that were involved.

It was lovely to see you and your daughter enjoying yourselves so much and making the most of your time while you were here.

We hope that you will make it back some day too and may be next time you will stay a little longer and do some deeper exploring of the locality.

Kind regards,

Dungarvan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed in the Arbutus Hotel on a number of occassions. We rate it among the best in our experience. The staff, without exception are extremely warm, friendly and efficient. We always get a beautiful spacous room. We look forward, in particular to the breakfast which is cooked to order and I can say without a doubt that it is the best breakfast that I have had in any hotel. The cost is quite competitive and when the quality of food and service is factored in, the value is definitely at the top of the range.

Room Tip: Request it when booking
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
TheArbutusBuckleys, Family at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Pat,

One hundred thousand apologies for not relying to your review sooner. I was sure I had, but for some reason it has not been posted. I know that you have been back several times since and I am utterly ashamed to have discovered.

Anyway, it is great to get such a powerful review from such a lovely couple as your good selves. I particularly appreciate your final line and who better than you to know that cost is one thing and value is another completely different matter. At the Arbutus we strive to keep on top of costs without compromising on quality and always endeavouring to deliver good VALUE and a great experience. My grandfather used to say that a happy customer leaving is better than any fancy ad.

Wishing you and yours a happy and peaceful Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

myself and my family (hubby and 2 children) are just back from spending the weekend in this lovely hotel.......I was just putting my son to bed and he said "Mam I miss the hotel" :) what better review could you ask for !!!! The hotel itself is warm and inviting , it really is a feel of home from home. The staff are so friendly, every time we walked through the door we were greeted with a big welcoming smile from Michelle, and breakfast each morning was a pleasure to have in the beautifull dining room served to us by an equally lovely lady namely "Betty". We really enjoyed our stay here and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank attractakane
TheArbutusBuckleys, Family at Arbutus Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Attracta & Padraig,
I was delighted to read that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful feedback and positive comments, they are very much appreciated and mean a lot to us here at the Arbutus. We aim to give that home away from home atmosphere while staying with us.

We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Regards,